Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2010/12/15 12:30:18 UTC

Aries Documentation

Hi all,

Currently, I'm writing an architecture draft describing how to turn
ServiceMix into a complete OSGi applications server.
Of course, it heavily uses Aries, especially for Blueprint, JPA, JTA.
My purpose is to switch my existing applications (which uses "old" JEE
architecture with EJB (Entity CMP/BMP, Session, etc), JNDI, etc) to
OSGi enterprise.

I begun to make some patches on Aries (I'm gonna raise some Jira tasks
with the patches attached).
Especially, I haven't seen any documentation sub-project, presenting the
examples in a more user friendly way with a more architecture focus.

I would like to create a documentation sub-project using Scalate (like
we have in Karaf or ServiceMix).

WDYT ?

Thanks
Regards
JB

Re: Aries Documentation

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Awesome, thanks Charles.

On my side, it's more pure OSGi Bundles deployed into Karaf.

I'm migrating EJBs to bundles, replacing Entities CMP with JPA, etc.

Regards
JB

Re: Aries Documentation

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB,

Re: Aries Documentation

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Dan,

Re: Aries Documentation

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Personally, I think having people submitting patches to the doc is
better as their contribution is  much more by providing patches and
they can gain committership much easily on both doc or code.  Or we
could do the same for the code itself and allow anyone with an icla to
commit.  I think having real committers, but a lower entry bar is the
best way to go.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet