Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by "rajiv.jain@netbuilder.com" <ra...@netbuilder.com> on 2013/04/05 16:47:38 UTC

TomEE 5

Hi

I installed TomEE plus version 1.5.1. It has Tomcat version 7. Can TomEE be
used with Tomcat 6? It is possible?

Having a quick search on Google, doesn't give anything back.

Re: TomEE 5

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
Wow, good/interesting question. I've been using TomEE ever since 1.5.1
snapshot, and from what I've seen, TomEE tries to use latest greatest
'Apache' stuff/stack (tomcat7, myfaces, activemq, geronimo, etc...)

Re: TomEE 5

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
+1 agreed! :)

Re: TomEE 5

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Not what John said ;)

Re: TomEE 5

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
we knew that! LOL :)

Re: TomEE 5

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
well, for tomcat6 you would need to swap out the el-api to el-2.2 for using JSF-2.x in a nice way.
Of course it also works with the older EL stuff but then you miss parameters in ELs... And of course servlet-3.0
Otherwise it is pretty ok.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.