Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Nathaniel Reed <na...@seastore.jpl.nasa.gov> on 2001/11/20 02:21:18 UTC

running as standalone app

I'm having no shortage of problems getting standalone Turbine
applications to run..

What does it mean when I get this exception: "VelocityService runtime
log file is misconfigured: 'null' is not a valid log file: TurbineConfig
users must use a path relative to the web application root"?

I use

new TurbineConfig("conf", "TurbineResources.properties")

as suggested in the online documentation.

TurbineResources.properties is the same one generated and which works as
a webapp.. I've tried running my application from both {APP_ROOT}
({TDK_HOME}/webapps/<application name>) and the WEB-INF/ subdirectory.
VelocityService's runtime log is set in TurbineResources.properties to
/logs/velocity.log.  This directory exists, so...?

Are there are more details on how to do this, or are users just supposed
to infer from the skimpy documentation that it's possible?

--
Nate Reed
Physical Oceanography Distributed Active Archive Center