Posted to user@struts.apache.org by punter <p_...@rediffmail.com> on 2016/01/08 07:52:30 UTC

After migrating to struts 2.3.24 from struts 2.1.8, no response to action on login page

My application displays the login page, but cannot login. On the login page, user enters the username and password but on pressing the login button nothing happens.
We have in our jsp :&nbsp;&lt;s:form id="loginForm" name="loginForm" action="login" namespace="/framework"&gt;
The struts-framework.xml file has the action defined as follows:&nbsp;&lt;action name="login" class="com.abc.action.framework.LoginAction" method="loginCheck"&gt; &lt;/action&gt;
In our logs we get the Request start for the action framework/login.action , but no response is obtained thereafter and same is evident from the logs.
For reference I have included the following to my struts.xml after migrating struts to 2.3.24 :&lt;constant name="struts.enable.DynamicMethodInvocation" value="true" /&gt;
Thanks

Re: After migrating to struts 2.3.24 from struts 2.1.8, no response to action on login page

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
Could you use plain text when sending message to this mailinglist?

> My application displays the login page, but cannot login. On the login page, user enters the username and password but on pressing the login button nothing happens.
> We have in our jsp :&nbsp;&lt;s:form id="loginForm" name="loginForm" action="login" namespace="/framework"&gt;
> The struts-framework.xml file has the action defined as follows:&nbsp;&lt;action name="login" class="com.abc.action.framework.LoginAction" method="loginCheck"&gt; &lt;/action&gt;
> In our logs we get the Request start for the action framework/login.action , but no response is obtained thereafter and same is evident from the logs.

Do you use the same result to show form and to submit its result?
Could you post how did you defined results?

> For reference I have included the following to my struts.xml after migrating struts to 2.3.24 :&lt;constant name="struts.enable.DynamicMethodInvocation" value="true" /&gt;

Do you use DMI? ie. login!method.action

Regards
--
Ɓukasz