Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Ravi Chekuri <Ra...@bri.com> on 2002/04/11 01:53:47 UTC

IPlanet Application Servers & log4j

Hi,

I'm trying to use log4j for logging information from EJB's.
I'm using a SimpleSocketServer program provided with
log4j and trying to write information to that socket.
The configuration file log4j.properties has details about
the port & ip_address on which the SimpleSocketServer program
is running. The problem i'm facing here is that
WHERE & HOW DO I SPECIFY IN IAS ABOUT THE LOCATION OF
log4j.properties file ??.
I was able to write information to the SimpleSocketServer
from a standalone java application by starting it
using the command
java -Dlog4j.configuration=C:\log4j.properties

How do i accomplish the same thing when using IPlanet
Application Server and trying to use log4j from EJB's

Any help is appreciated ...

thanks,
Ravi Chekuri

Re: IPlanet Application Servers & log4j

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.
If you can put log4j.properties in the classpath it should work.

James Stauffer        http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/

Re: IPlanet Application Servers & log4j

Posted by Farooq Shaikh <fa...@icicletech.com>.