Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Badrinarayanan S <ba...@fifthgentech.com> on 2011/05/06 18:37:57 UTC

PIG Cassandra - IPs of nodes in a ring

Hi,

I got a cluster with seven Cassandra nodes. The ring is formed using the
private ips of each of the nodes. The rpc_address of the nodes is set to
private and listen_address of the nodes set to public mainly to facilitate
cross data centre ring. When I ring the nodes, it shows all nodes are up
pointing to private ip.

However when I setup Hadoop/PIG and try to run a PIG script, I get an
exception like java.io.IOException: failed connecting to all endpoints
<ip1>, <ip2>. The ip1 and ip2 are the public ips of nodes part of the ring.

Any suggestion on why it is looking for public ip when the rpc_addr of nodes
and ring is pointing to private ips.

Regards,

badri

RE: PIG Cassandra - IPs of nodes in a ring

Posted by Badrinarayanan S <ba...@fifthgentech.com>.
Hi Aaron,

The issue was connecting from PIG. For now we have moved to using public ip
for both listen and rpc addreses so that we can continue with our PIG jobs.
We are good for now.

However would like to know whether this sort of configuration supported by
Cassandra in future.

Thanks,
badri

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.