Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2002/02/06 23:06:30 UTC

Re: Are 3 votes necessary for the PMC nomination? [was: Re: To jvoteor not to jvote]

Without digging, it seems to me that in the early discussions we decided
that the acceptance of the nomination by the candidate counted as the
"magic third vote".

Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Morgan Delagrange wrote:
>
> > So, what was the answer to the question below?  If we really do need two +1s
> > for a nomination, then I have some campaigning to do!  (Unless someone else
> > wants to go ahead and +1 me, if only to shut me up.  ;)
>
> At this point the rules posted for the election do not require a nominee
> to be seconded; they just require someone to be nominated and the nominee
> to agree to be willing to take part in the election.
>
> If desired we can work this habit of the group to vocally second
> nominations into the procedure for the future :-)
>
> So in short. NO.
>
> Dw

-- Java Web Development with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.