Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Rogan Carr <ro...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/29 01:10:12 UTC

REEF-1817: Fix CoreCLR issues in REEF.Common

Hi All,

I'd like to start fixing Core compatibility issues in REEF.NET, and
REEF.Common seems like a good place to start (I only see 48
incompatibilities, and many of these seem trivial).

I opened REEF-1817 [1] to track this work as a sub-task of REEF-334 [2].

Does this make sense? Is there any reason to start somewhere else in the
codebase?

Best,
Rogan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/REEF-1817
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/REEF-334

Re: REEF-1817: Fix CoreCLR issues in REEF.Common

Posted by Rogan Carr <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Markus,

> Hope this helps
Yes, very much so!

>Executables need to target `.NET Core 2.0` and `.NET Framework 4.6.1`.
So, I'll target projects like Org.Apache.REEF.Examples* that produce
executables for `.NET Core 2.0` and `.NET Framework 4.6.1`.

>Libraries need to target `.NET Standard 2.0`.
And, I'll target libraries like Org.Apache.REEF.Common for `.NET Standard
2.0`.

Thanks for your help!

Best,
Rogan

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.

Posted by Rogan Carr <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Rogan Carr <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
Welcome, Rogan!

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
Welcome to the team, Rogan! The plan you mention makes sense. -- Markus