Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Anupam Chanda <ch...@rediffmail.com> on 2002/02/18 03:54:47 UTC

profiling apache

Hello,

I want to profile the apache httpd (using gprof). So I compiled apache with EXTRA_CFLAGS "-pg -g -DGPROF" and set the environment variable GPROFDIR=<server-root>/logs. This was supposed to plop the gmon.out files in the directory <server-root>/logs and one per apache process. But I am not getting the gmon.out(s) there, instead I get a single gmon.out under the directory "/".

Could somebody tell me what I am doing wrong. I am using Apache-1.3.22 on linux.

Thanks,
Anupam