Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> on 2008/11/17 02:33:57 UTC

Windows woes

Folks,

I wanted to bring to your attention a bug that I've just filed, because the
root of the problem may be the cause of other issues that people have seen
with Archiva on Windows. You obviously will know better than I do what kinds
of problems have been reported on Windows but not other OSes. I can imagine
that files unintentionally left open could cause a variety of issues,
though.

Here's the bug report (with patch, of course :).

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1004

This one took me a very long time to track down!

--
Martin Cooper

PS - I guess I should file a bug report against Maven, too, but I could use
a pointer to which component includes MavenXpp3Reader, if anyone happens to
know.

Re: Windows woes

Posted by James William Dumay <ja...@atlassian.com>.
Hey Martin,
On Sun, 2008-11-16 at 17:33 -0800, Martin Cooper wrote:

> I wanted to bring to your attention a bug that I've just filed,
> because the
> root of the problem may be the cause of other issues that people have
> seen
> with Archiva on Windows. You obviously will know better than I do what
> kinds
> of problems have been reported on Windows but not other OSes. I can
> imagine
> that files unintentionally left open could cause a variety of issues,
> though.

Oh, awesome catch dude. I've committed your patch to Archiva trunk.

Thanks heaps!

James