Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by mogaligundla <ha...@cosiconsulting.com> on 2008/02/13 22:19:12 UTC

AttachmentPart.setContent too slow

Hello Everyone,

I am really new to the axis framework,I am trying to use the
AttachmentPart.setContent method to set the content of a 5mb document ( I am
passing a ByteArrayInputStream) to the SOAP message, I am experiencing
delays of upto 10 seconds in this process. Is this behaviour common?

Also could you please advice me of any other ways in which this process
could be sped up.

Thank you
Harsha

Re: AttachmentPart.setContent too slow

Posted by mogaligundla <ha...@cosiconsulting.com>.
I figured out another way to do this by using the DataHandler class, but now
i am facing another issue, the countAttachment method of the Message class
is taking a 2-3 seconds to return the count of the attachments, is this
common behaviour, can this process be speeded up using any other methods.

Thank you
Harsha

Posted by Saminda Abeyruwan <sa...@gmail.com>.
Axis2 or Axis2 1.x ?

On Feb 14, 2008 2:49 AM, mogaligundla <ha...@cosiconsulting.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am really new to the axis framework,I am trying to use the
> AttachmentPart.setContent method to set the content of a 5mb document ( I
> am
> passing a ByteArrayInputStream) to the SOAP message, I am experiencing
> delays of upto 10 seconds in this process. Is this behaviour common?
>
> Also could you please advice me of any other ways in which this process
> could be sped up.
>
> Thank you
> Harsha

Saminda Abeyruwan