Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by José Rodolfo Carrijo de Freitas <jo...@softplan.com.br> on 2010/12/20 19:01:14 UTC

PDInxed image

I have an image object which is an instance of PDXObjectImage.

If it has PDIndexed as colorspace.

“image.getColorSpace() instanceof PDIndexed”

the image is wrongly rendered.

Is there any known issue with this colorSpace?

I think the problem could be at:

image.write2file(…) or

image.write2OutputStream(…);

Re: RES: PDInxed image

Posted by Ad...@swmc.com.
Go ahead and open up an issue on JIRA[1] and, if possible, include the
code you are using to do the extraction as well as a PDF that you are
using.  That way we can make sure we're able to reproduce the problem and
take a look at the image data.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX

----
Thanks,
Adam

From:
José Rodolfo Carrijo de Freitas <jo...@softplan.com.br>
To:
<de...@pdfbox.apache.org>
Date:
12/20/2010 10:29
RES: PDInxed image

1) the file is not encrypted.
2) I'm using 1.3.1 at the production environment, and I Just tested 1.4.0
to see IF the error was gone.
3) I believe it is a different problem.
4) I´m trying to read images from pdf files, so I write it to a file or an
outputstream
With:

image.write2file(…) or
image.write2OutputStream(…);

the image is then wrongly rendered.

5) it’s a problem at the image file, the image is wrongly rendered at any
image program: mspaint, photoshop or the native windows image visualizing
tool.

Thanks,
José Rodolfo C. de Freitas

Para: dev@pdfbox.apache.org

1) Is your file encrypted in any way?
2) What version of PDFBox are you using?

3) There was a patch for a specific type of indexed images which was in
1.3.1, but it was related to encryption.  If your not using any
encryption, then this is not the same problem.

4)What exactly are you trying to do?  Are you adding a PNG to a PDF which
you are creating, trying to read an existing PNG from an existing PDF,
trying to insert a new PNG into an existing PDF...?

5) It this a problem that it not render properly in PDFBox and it looks okay
in other PDF readers such as Adobe Reader?

----
Thanks,
Adam

From:
José Rodolfo Carrijo de Freitas <jo...@softplan.com.br>
To:
<de...@pdfbox.apache.org>
Date:
12/20/2010 10:01
Subject:
[...]

Re: PDInxed image

Posted by Ad...@swmc.com.
Is your file encrypted in any way?  What version of PDFBox are you using?
There was a patch for a specific type of indexed images which was in
1.3.1, but it was related to encryption.  If your not using any
encryption, then this is not the same problem.

What exactly are you trying to do?  Are you adding a PNG to a PDF which
you are creating, trying to read an existing PNG from an existing PDF,
trying to insert a new PNG into an existing PDF...?

It this a problem that it not render properly in PDFBox and it looks okay
in other PDF readers such as Adobe Reader?

----
Thanks,
Adam

From: