Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Janssen, Roger" <Ro...@ibanx.nl> on 2004/03/30 16:39:36 UTC

[question] rc4 to rc6, fullSize method deprecated, and not functi onal

Hi,

I'm trying to migrate from rc4 to rc6. I noticed that the fullSize method on
query in rc6 always returns 0. Because of this i noticed that this methode
has been deprecated. It says i should use the fullSize method on the
OJBIterator interface. I could use this, but then i have to refactor into
using ManageableCollections, and that might not be possible for me. Even if
possible, I do not want this, because it seems their is no way to get a
Collection out of a ManageableCollection, and i do need a Collection [and i
do need the availability of the fullSize method].

Is there somehow a way that i am able to determine the fullsize and have a
Collection as result after issuing a query??

thanx,

Roger Janssen 	 <ma...@ibanx.nl>
mailto:roger.janssen@ibanx.nl
iBanx B.V 	 <http://www.ibanx.nl/> http://www.ibanx.nl
Kon. Wilhelminaplein 13 	tel +31-20-5727900
P.O. Box 69289 	fax +31-20-5727901
1060 CH Amsterdam 	mobile +31-6-505 267 13
The Netherlands

The information contained in this communication is confidential and is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to  whom it is
addressed.You should not copy, disclose or distribute this communication
without the authority of iBanx bv. iBanx bv is neither liable for
the proper and complete transmission of the information has been maintained
nor that the communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.

If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please return
the communication to the sender and delete and destroy all copies.

Re: [question] rc4 to rc6, fullSize method deprecated, and not functi onal

Posted by Jakob Braeuchi <jb...@gmx.ch>.
hi roger,

i commited a fix to QueryReferenceBroker#getCollectionByQuery to reestablish the
funcionality of the deprecated Query#fullSize.

please check it out.

jakob

Posted by Jakob Braeuchi <jb...@gmx.ch>.
hi roger,

dou you use getCollectionByQuery or getIteratorByQuery ? the iterator returned
by the latter can be casted to OjbIterator.

jakob