Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu> on 2003/09/10 11:47:32 UTC

Unusual network bind on TC 4.1.24 and a JK2 Q

Hi all.

Network question
------------------

TC: 4.1.24
OS: Mandrake Linux 9.1
JVM: Sun 1.4.2b

java       3600  tomcat4   10u  IPv4       4319                 TCP *:8009 (LISTEN)
java       3600  tomcat4   11u  sock        0,0                4317 can't identify protocol
java       3600  tomcat4   12u  IPv4       4320                 TCP localhost:8005 (LISTEN)

That one in the middle is something I cannot identify. Where is it coming from? It is not TCP, UDP - the protocol is unknown to "lsof". I'll clarify, "can't identify protocol" message doesn't mean "lsof" cannot identify port (a.k.a. service), it cannot identify the IP protocol of this socket.

JK2 question

I'd like to setup mod_jk2 over a local UNIX socket. Do I need APR and jkjni.so in jk2.properties? It would seam logical, now that I look at it, since UNIX socket is not soemthing JVM has, but would require external (UNIX specific) JNI library.

Nix.