Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> on 2008/10/01 13:53:08 UTC

Re: Tomcat getting insufficient POST data

Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 8:12 PM, Stephen Nelson-Smith
> <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Testing:
>>
>> * Submitting straight to one of the new tomcat 6.0.16 machines, over
>> http, works without fail - the XML is parsed.
>
> Ok.... so now it transpires that actually direct http to Tomcat never
> worked more than once, after a tomcat restart either.  So the only
> thing that works is the mod_jk setup.
>
> This makes me very suspicious - why would it work only once?

This reminds me of some problem we found when fixing BZ 44494. Could you
please try with 6.0.18? Your symptoms don't really fit 44494 exactly,
but there's a chance 6.0.18 fixed it.

Regards,

Rainer

Re: Tomcat getting insufficient POST data

Posted by Stephen Nelson-Smith <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

> Yes - I'll package 6.0.18 this afternoon and test it this evening.

Initial tests look positive - will do more extensive tests this
morning.  Thanks very much for the suggestion.

S.

Re: Tomcat getting insufficient POST data

Posted by Stephen Nelson-Smith <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rainer,