Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2015/06/11 16:08:28 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.14 as GA

The pre-release test tarballs for Apache httpd 2.4.14 can be found
at the usual place:

	http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/

I'm calling a VOTE on releasing these as Apache httpd 2.4.14 GA.

[ ] +1: Good to go
[ ] +0: meh
[ ] -1: Danger Will Robinson. And why.

Vote will last the normal 72 hrs.

NOTE: The *-deps are only there for convenience.

Thx!

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.14 as GA

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
This is corrected in SVN, see

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/trunk/server/request.c?view=log

Unsure why this edit didn't carry on to the github mirror.

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 4:08 PM, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com> wrote:

> [X] +1: Good to go

No regression with event and worker, included apr-1.5.2 and apr-util-1.5.4.

Tested systems:

* Debian 8 - amd64
* Debian 7 - amd64
* Debian 6 - amd64
* Debian 6 - amd64 - mixed 32/64bit system/kernel:

Thanks Jim,
Yann.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.14 as GA

Posted by Jacob Perkins <ja...@cpanel.net>.
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the response.  You’re right, this does look to be in Apache 2.2.12 at this time.  I was taking this from CHANGES, and it states:
Changes with Apache 2.4.13

  *) mod_ssl: make sure to consistently output SSLCertificateChainFile
     deprecation warnings, when encountered in a VirtualHost block.
     [Falco Schwarz <hiding falco.me>]

This is why I was so concerned.  Having this drop to one output should help, but it still may cause concerns for scripts that expect 0 output from a restart service script.

—
Jacob Perkins
Product Owner
cPanel Inc.

jacob.perkins@cpanel.net <ma...@cpanel.net>
Office:  713-529-0800 x 4046
Cell:  713-560-8655

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 1:35 PM, Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 1:25 PM, Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>
>> wrote:

>>> Indeed there was a discussion thread for r1562500 in 2014 during which
>>> Falco Schwarz reported, that he did *not* get the log message a anywhere
>>> (neither console, not log files) when he had the directive only in
>>> VirtualHosts. After the 2.4.13 change it seems to be new, that you get the
>>> message massively on console, if you have the directive in frequent use
>>> inside VHosts. That might well be perceived as a regression.
>>>
>>> The 2.4.13 change replaced cmd->server in ap_log_error by NULL. The log
>>> level "APLOG_WARNING|APLOG_STARTUP" was not changed.
>>>
>>> Rainer
>>>

>> I definitely have the old code and the SPAM...  I wonder if before you
>> didn't see it if you didn't have vhost-specific logs configured, and now
>> you see it regardless?
>>

> so weird:
>
> With the old code, I have globally "LogLevel debug" and in a vhost
> "LogLevel warn" ; if I comment out that vhost's "LogLevel" I don't see the
> message even though I have ErrorLog in the vhost and *should* inherit the
> global LogLevel.
>

>> --
>> Born in Roswell... married an alien...
>> http://emptyhammock.com/

> http://emptyhammock.com/

I'm a flip-flopper who didn't understand the subtlety of this before...  I
say "regression", though I think it is acceptable to have a tiny
recommended patch for those affected.

As for why one or more messages hits the console for something to be dealt
with by the time you upgrade to an as-yet-non-existing future release
stream, I don't have any justification.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 12:58 PM, Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It doesn't make sense for us to hold up a release when that change has
>>> been in the last several releases however.  (That's a high barrier for
>>> making progress.)
>>>

> There seems to be a 2.4.8 component and an actual 2.4.13 component. Did
> the 2.4.13 fix make it more frequent.
>
> (fixing my top-post)

Hmmm, I have one situation with a 2.4.11-dev server that spits it out once
for each (similarly configured) vhost, so I may have been unlucky earlier
than some others.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Am 12.06.2015 um 18:48 schrieb Jeff Trawick:
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 12:35 PM, Jacob Perkins
> <jacob.perkins@cpanel.net <ma...@cpanel.net>> wrote:
>
>     +1 to Noels comments.  We have a ton of servers running Apache 2.4
>     with our control panel.  Doing this in a point release will cause us
>     to have to change our product instead of doing a regular Apache
>     release.
>
>     When you have a server with 10k+ SSL vhosts, this can cause massive,
>     unexpected problems. I have a feeling that this will cause massive
>     headaches with all those running Apache 2.4.
>

> Thanks to Noel's comments, we have dropped this to one message at a
> quieter log level for the next 2.4.x release, and we can assist with a
> tiny patch to any recent 2.4.x.
>
> It doesn't make sense for us to hold up a release when that change has
> been in the last several releases however.  (That's a high barrier for
> making progress.)
>
> Make sense?

Agreed, I forgot about that, the warning exists since 2.4.9 in March
2014. So from my project member point of view you are totally right.

Rainer

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.14 as GA

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacob Perkins <ja...@cpanel.net>.

Posted by Noel Butler <no...@ausics.net>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
> On Jun 11, 2015, at 10:08 AM, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>
> The pre-release test tarballs for Apache httpd 2.4.14 can be found
> at the usual place:
>
> 	http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> I'm calling a VOTE on releasing these as Apache httpd 2.4.14 GA.
>
> [X] +1: Good to go

Go for release:

  o OSX 10.10.3/Xcode 6.3.2, x86_64
  o Fedora 20, x86_64
  o CentOS 6, x86_64
  o FreeBSD 10, x86_64

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.14 as GA

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 9:24 AM, Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 10:08 AM, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com> wrote:
>
>> The pre-release test tarballs for Apache httpd 2.4.14 can be found
>> at the usual place:
>>
>>         http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>>
>> I'm calling a VOTE on releasing these as Apache httpd 2.4.14 GA.
>>
>> [ ] +1: Good to go
>> [ ] +0: meh
>> [ ] -1: Danger Will Robinson. And why.
>>

> CentOS 7, 64-bit: HTTP::DAV skipped; event and prefork tested, no failures
>
> FreeBSD 10.1, 32-bit: lua skipped, accept filter not loaded, event and
> prefork tested
>
> Test Summary Report
> -------------------
> t/ssl/pr12355.t                   (Wstat: 0 Tests: 10 Failed: 4)
>   Failed tests:  3-4, 7-8
> t/ssl/pr43738.t                   (Wstat: 0 Tests: 4 Failed: 2)
>   Failed tests:  1-2
>
> (same as with 2.4.13)
>
> My vote: -1 for now :(

That won't change :(  I don't think we can proxy to httpd 1.3[-based]
servers anymore and accept chunked responses.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Am 14.06.2015 um 19:17 schrieb Rainer Jung:
>> [X] -1: Danger Will Robinson. And why.
>
> Not an easy call.
>
> -1 but even more thanks for RMing.
>
> Negative vote due to:
>
> - chance of breaking chunked encoding due to spec intolerance.

s/spec/space/ - Sorry.

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Am 11.06.2015 um 16:08 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> The pre-release test tarballs for Apache httpd 2.4.14 can be found
> at the usual place:
>
> 	http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> I'm calling a VOTE on releasing these as Apache httpd 2.4.14 GA.
>
> [ ] +1: Good to go
> [ ] +0: meh
> [X] -1: Danger Will Robinson. And why.

Not an easy call.

-1 but even more thanks for RMing.

Negative vote due to:

- chance of breaking chunked encoding due to spec intolerance.
   Proxy example reported by Steffen plus
   at least anecdotal evidence by Jeff (Apache 1.3 backends).

- mass occurrence of SSLCertificateChainFile deprecation warning

IMHO it would be better to tolerate white space in chunk header, as
suggested by Yann now in STATUS.

Concerning the deprecation warnings I'm not sure what the current
consensus for best behavior is. I think we want only one log message,
not one per VHosts. Probably undecided currently:

- log level of this one message (IMHO: WARNING)
- send it to log file only or also to console (IMHO: log file only)
- should we indicate in the message, that here might be other places
using SSLCertificateChainFile as well? (IMHO yes)
- should we log all the other places, but only to log file and with info
or debug log level? (IMHO no, because it could be quite a lot and
switching to debug would make it invisible for most people; find/grep is
not that hard)

Test using test suite:

In short: No regressions found.

Detailed report:

- Sigs and hashes OK
- contents of tarballs identical
- contents of tag and tarballs identical
   except for expected deltas
   (we could cleanup some m4 files in apr-util/xml/expat/conftools
    at the end of buildconf, no regression)

Built on

- Solaris 8+10 Sparc as 32 Bit Binaries
- SLES 10+11 (64 Bits)
- RHEL 6 (64 Bits)

For all platforms built

- with default (shared), shared and static modules
- with module sets none, few, most, all, reallyall and default
   (always mod_privileges disabled)
- using --enable-load-all-modules
- against "included" APR/APU from deps tarball,
   plus external APR/APU 1.5.2/1.5.4

- using external libraries
   - expat 2.1.0
   - pcre 8.37
   - openssl 1.0.1n
   - lua 5.2.4
   - distcache 1.5.1
   - libxml2 2.9.2

- Tool chain:
     - platform gcc except for Solaris
       (gcc 4.1.2 for Solaris 8 and 4.9.2 for Solaris 10)
     - CFLAGS: -O2 -g -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing
               (and -mpcu=v9 on Solaris)

All builds succeeded
   - two compiler warnings
server/mpm/event/event.c:1438: warning: 'last' may be used uninitialized
in this function
ssl/ssl_util_stapling.c:657: warning: 'ok' may be used uninitialized in
this function
Tested for

- Solaris 8+10 (32), SLES 10+11 (64), RHEL 6 (64)
- MPMs prefork, worker, event
   (except event on Solaris8, unsupported)
- default, shared and static modules
- log levels info, debug and trace8
- module set reallyall (121 modules plus MPMs)

The following test failures were seen:

a Test 4 or 5 in t/modules/dav.t:
   Happens for 27 out of 364 runs.
   Creation, modified and now times not in the correct order.
   This seems to be a system issue, all tests done on NFS,
   many tested on virtualized guests.
   Not a regression.

b Various tests in t/apache/expr_string.t: (6, 11, 14, 17, 20 ,23)
   Happens for 63 out of 364 runs (almost all on SLES 10, 6 on RHEL6
   and 1 on Solaris 8).
   The failure is always on line 68, where the error_log contents
   are checked.
   Not a regression.

c Tests 55-57 of t/modules/cgi.t testing contents of ScriptLog.
   Likely similar than what I observed for 2.4.12.
   Fix probably by porting r1651085 from mod_cgi to mod_cgid.
   Not a regression.

Regards,

Rainer

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.14 as GA

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 11:09 AM, olli hauer <oh...@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 2015-06-14 02:46, Jeff Trawick wrote:

>>> Ah ok, those are possibly the same as I reported in [1] for the 2.4.13
>>> vote (in the Post Scriptum, about latest stable debian 8).

>>> the
>>> from
>>>
>>> It seems to be related to latest OpenSSL, maybe RC5 isn't handled anymore?
>>>

>> I just tried on Fedora 22...
>>
>> For both the Perl interpreter/lib versions and OpenSSL versions, it seems
>> to be essentially
>>
>> CentOS 7 < FreeBSD 10.1 < Fedora 22
>>
>> and the one in the middle is the only one where I see the issue.
>>
>> The CentOS and Fedora builds of OpenSSL are FIPS-enabled; I don't know how
>> that affects the enabled ciphers.
>>

> From OpenSSL CHANGES (happed already with 0.9.7i in 2005)
>      The patented RC5 and MDC2 algorithms will now be disabled unless
>      "enable-rc5" and "enable-mdc2", respectively, are specified.
>
> And from src/crypto/openssl/Makefile
> OPTIONS= ... no-md2 no-rc5 ...
>
> OpenSSL is build in FreeBSD base with
> ... -DOPENSSL_NO_DEPRECATED -DOPENSSL_NO_MD2 -DOPENSSL_NO_RC5 ...
>
> So is assume tests for RC5 and MD2 will always fail.

Sorry for the noise about RC5, I was misleaded by a typo in
ssl/pr12355.t which talks about RC5-MD5 where RC4-MD5 is probably
meant (the test seems for force a renegotiation by using exclusively
either RC4-SHA or RC4-MD5).
So that was a wrong track.

However on Debian 8 (Jessie) where I can reproduce the failures here
for pr12355.t and pr43738.t, openssl is configured/compiled with
no_ssl3 (same on FreeBSD 10.1?).
This is more likely the cause, will dig a bit further into this...

Thanks for the ./configure hint anyway.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.14 as GA

Posted by olli hauer <oh...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 6:06 PM, Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 6:51 PM, Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>
> wrote:
> >
> > any chance you can reproduce the problem with a slightly patched 2.4.14
> > get additional log output around the suspect code?
> >
> > The patch would be
> >
> > Index: modules/http/http_filters.c
> > --- modules/http/http_filters.c (revision 1685283)
> > +++ modules/http/http_filters.c (working copy)
> > @@ -514,6 +514,9 @@
> >                      rv = parse_chunk_size(ctx, buffer, len,
> >
> > f->r->server->limit_req_fieldsize);
> >                      if (rv != APR_SUCCESS) {
> > +                        ap_log_rerror(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_ERR, rv, f->r,
> > APLOGNO(99999)
> > +                                      "Error parsing chunk size, buffer
> > %*.*s, limit %d",
> > +                                      len, len, buffer,
> > f->r->server->limit_req_fieldsize);
> >                          if (rv != APR_ENOSPC) {
> >                              http_error = HTTP_BAD_REQUEST;
> >                          }
>
> Hmm, it seems that the backported patch in r1684515 is not the
> proposed/voted v5, where AH01590 would normally have been logged here.
> Bill, looks like v4 was applied instead... Attached is the diff on
> http_filter.c between the two patches.
>
> BTW, v5 does not address the regression encountered by Steffen either:
> space(s) between the chunk-size and the CRLF which are not allowed
> anymore.
> This is not really RFC compliant, but I guess we have to be lenient here...
>
> I did not look at pr12355.t and pr43738.t yet, however those passed in
> my tests, so it's probably something different.

Just in case it wasn't clear, these aren't regressions.  I get them with
prior releases on FreeBSD 10.1 also.

I don't know if it is the Perl stack or OpenSSL or ??? that results in the
consistent failure.  (This FreeBSD has a significantly newer Perl stack
from system packages than CentOS 7.)  IIUC, Rainer has been reporting
intermittent failures on various platforms for a while.

> Jeff, any idea where these failures can come from?
> What do -v and the logs say?

pr12355.t only:

# testing : renegotiation on POST works
# expected: 200
# received: 500
not ok 3
# testing : request body matches response
# expected: 'hello world'
# received: 'Status read failed:  at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/Net/HTTP/Methods.pm line 289.
# '
not ok 4
# testing : renegotiation on POST works
# expected: 200
# received: 500
not ok 7
# testing : request body matches response
# expected: 'xxxxxx...
# received: 'Status read failed:  at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/Net/HTTP/Methods.pm line 289.
# '
not ok 8

I think this is the underlying failure I'm seeing, possibly for both
testcases:

Sat Jun 13 23:08:55.005710 2015] [ssl:error] [pid 3745] [client
127.0.0.1:44064] AH02261: Re-negotiation handshake failed
[Sat Jun 13 23:08:55.005743 2015] [ssl:error] [pid 3745] SSL Library Error:
error:1408A0C1:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:no shared cipher -- Too
restrictive SSLCipherSuite or using DSA server certificate?

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Hi Steffen,

any chance you can reproduce the problem with a slightly patched 2.4.14
to get additional log output around the suspect code?

The patch would be

Index: modules/http/http_filters.c
--- modules/http/http_filters.c (revision 1685283)
+++ modules/http/http_filters.c (working copy)
@@ -514,6 +514,9 @@
                      rv = parse_chunk_size(ctx, buffer, len,

f->r->server->limit_req_fieldsize);
                      if (rv != APR_SUCCESS) {
+                        ap_log_rerror(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_ERR, rv, f->r,
APLOGNO(99999)
+                                      "Error parsing chunk size, buffer
%*.*s, limit %d",
+                                      len, len, buffer,
f->r->server->limit_req_fieldsize);
                          if (rv != APR_ENOSPC) {
                              http_error = HTTP_BAD_REQUEST;
                          }

It will *not* fix the problem but should give us enough additional info
to find out why it is happening.

It would be great if you could patch your 2.4.14, rebuild and rerun the
Sambar test.

Thanks a bunch!

Rainer

--
kippdata
informationstechnologie GmbH   Tel: 0228 98549 -0

HRB 8018 Amtsgericht Bonn / USt.-IdNr. DE 196 457 417
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Thomas Höfer, Rainer Jung, Sven Maurmann

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.14 as GA

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 9:36 AM, Steffen <in...@apachelounge.com> wrote:

>   Debug 2.4.14 was already in my first post.

sorry!

> [...]
> [Sat Jun 13 15:20:54.616551 2015] [proxy:debug] [pid 4676:tid 1152]
> proxy_util.c(2408): [client 127.0.0.1:54430] AH00947: connected
> /sysadmin/ to 127.0.0.1:81
> [Sat Jun 13 15:20:54.616551 2015] [proxy:debug] [pid 4676:tid 1152]
> proxy_util.c(2782): AH02824: HTTP: connection established with
> 127.0.0.1:81 (127.0.0.1)
> [Sat Jun 13 15:20:54.616551 2015] [proxy:debug] [pid 4676:tid 1152]
> proxy_util.c(2936): AH00962: HTTP: connection complete to 127.0.0.1:81
> (127.0.0.1)
> [Sat Jun 13 15:20:54.616551 2015] [proxy_http:error] [pid 4676:tid 1152]
> (20014)Internal error (specific information not available): [client
> 127.0.0.1:54430] AH01110: error reading response
> [Sat Jun 13 15:20:54.616551 2015] [proxy:debug] [pid 4676:tid 1152]
> proxy_util.c(2160): AH00943: HTTP: has released connection for (127.0.0.1)

AH01110 reading backend server response...

Just looking for APR_EGENERAL in modified code that doesn't have a log
message, I guess it is chunked and we hit this APR_EGENERAL ("Internal
error"):

+        else {
+            /* Should not happen */
+            return APR_EGENERAL;
+ }

Any better guesses out there?

Posted by Steffen <in...@apachelounge.com>.
Debug 2.4.14 was already in my first post.

The 2.4.13 (no error)  and 2.4.14 debug level error.log:

Apache/2.4.13 (Win32)
================

[Sat Jun 13 15:23:23.031198 2015] [authz_core:debug] [pid 9208:tid 1168] mod_authz_core.c(834): [client 127.0.0.1:54501] AH01628: authorization result: granted (no directives)
[Sat Jun 13 15:23:23.031198 2015] [proxy:debug] [pid 9208:tid 1168] mod_proxy.c(1157): [client 127.0.0.1:54501] AH01143: Running scheme http handler (attempt 0)
[Sat Jun 13 15:23:23.031198 2015] [proxy:debug] [pid 9208:tid 1168] proxy_util.c(2145): AH00942: HTTP: has acquired connection for (127.0.0.1)
[Sat Jun 13 15:23:23.031198 2015] [proxy:debug] [pid 9208:tid 1168] proxy_util.c(2199): [client 127.0.0.1:54501] AH00944: connecting http://127.0.0.1:81/sysadmin/ to 127.0.0.1:81
[Sat Jun 13 15:23:23.031198 2015] [proxy:debug] [pid 9208:tid 1168] proxy_util.c(2408): [client 127.0.0.1:54501] AH00947: connected /sysadmin/ to 127.0.0.1:81
[Sat Jun 13 15:23:23.031198 2015] [proxy:debug] [pid 9208:tid 1168] proxy_util.c(2782): AH02824: HTTP: connection established with 127.0.0.1:81 (127.0.0.1)
[Sat Jun 13 15:23:23.031198 2015] [proxy:debug] [pid 9208:tid 1168] proxy_util.c(2936): AH00962: HTTP: connection complete to 127.0.0.1:81 (127.0.0.1)
[Sat Jun 13 15:23:23.031198 2015] [proxy:debug] [pid 9208:tid 1168] proxy_util.c(2160): AH00943: http: has released connection for (127.0.0.1)

Apache/2.4.14 (Win32)
=================

[Sat Jun 13 15:20:54.616551 2015] [authz_core:debug] [pid 4676:tid 1152] mod_authz_core.c(834): [client 127.0.0.1:54430] AH01628: authorization result: granted (no directives)
[Sat Jun 13 15:20:54.616551 2015] [proxy:debug] [pid 4676:tid 1152] mod_proxy.c(1157): [client 127.0.0.1:54430] AH01143: Running scheme http handler (attempt 0)
[Sat Jun 13 15:20:54.616551 2015] [proxy:debug] [pid 4676:tid 1152] proxy_util.c(2145): AH00942: HTTP: has acquired connection for (127.0.0.1)
[Sat Jun 13 15:20:54.616551 2015] [proxy:debug] [pid 4676:tid 1152] proxy_util.c(2199): [client 127.0.0.1:54430] AH00944: connecting http://127.0.0.1:81/sysadmin/ to 127.0.0.1:81
[Sat Jun 13 15:20:54.616551 2015] [proxy:debug] [pid 4676:tid 1152] proxy_util.c(2408): [client 127.0.0.1:54430] AH00947: connected /sysadmin/ to 127.0.0.1:81
[Sat Jun 13 15:20:54.616551 2015] [proxy:debug] [pid 4676:tid 1152] proxy_util.c(2782): AH02824: HTTP: connection established with 127.0.0.1:81 (127.0.0.1)
[Sat Jun 13 15:20:54.616551 2015] [proxy:debug] [pid 4676:tid 1152] proxy_util.c(2936): AH00962: HTTP: connection complete to 127.0.0.1:81 (127.0.0.1)
[Sat Jun 13 15:20:54.616551 2015] [proxy_http:error] [pid 4676:tid 1152] (20014)Internal error (specific information not available): [client 127.0.0.1:54430] AH01110: error reading response
[Sat Jun 13 15:20:54.616551 2015] [proxy:debug] [pid 4676:tid 1152] proxy_util.c(2160): AH00943: HTTP: has released connection for (127.0.0.1)

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
> On Jun 14, 2015, at 8:37 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
> On Jun 14, 2015 12:45 PM, "Jim Jagielski" <ji...@jagunet.com> wrote:
> >
> > I am canceling this vote... The breakage due to the chunked
> > stuff is the reason.
> >
> > THIS is the reason I don't like "last-minute" changes that
> > (1) touch a LOT of code or a major code path and (2) has an
> > extremely limited QA history. We should also patch the test
> > framework to test for this.
>
> This is the reason I dont like security patches, but they are a fact of life.  Sadly this one would not have been discovered without the breadth of interop testing that a release vote entails.

Oh agreed. But for a low-severity vuln, this is kinda embarrassing.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.14 as GA

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On Jun 14, 2015 12:45 PM, "Jim Jagielski" <ji...@jagunet.com> wrote:

> I am canceling this vote... The breakage due to the chunked
> stuff is the reason.
>
> THIS is the reason I don't like "last-minute" changes that
> (1) touch a LOT of code or a major code path and (2) has an
> extremely limited QA history. We should also patch the test
> framework to test for this.

This is the reason I dont like security patches, but they are a fact of
life.  Sadly this one would not have been discovered without the breadth of
interop testing that a release vote entails.

Mad props to Steffan for identifying this bug, outstanding!  Thank you.

> Let's patch this and I will T&R 2.4.15 this week.

+1.  More interop testing in the meantime is most welcomed.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.14 as GA

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 10:08 PM, Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 7:43 PM, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com> wrote:
>> We should also patch the test
>> framework to test for this.
>
> It seems that I can't commit on ^/httpd/test/framework, test patch attached...

Applied in r1685463 (with more chunk-size tests).

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.14 as GA

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.