Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Crouch <mc...@knowledgemechanics.com> on 2001/05/01 22:45:20 UTC

mod_jk build on Solaris

I have read several postings on this list and have yet to find a working
solution, hence the need for this post. I am attempting to build the
mod_jk.so on Solaris for Apache 1.3.9, with the following command "apxs -o
mod_jk.so -DSOLARIS -I../jk -I/usr/java/include -I/usr/java/include/solaris
-c *.c ../jk/*.c".

I am receiving the following error messages "cc: unrecognized option
'-Kpic'. I have read the other posts regarding using gcc, which is what I am
doing, and still get this error. I have basically created a link to cc from
gcc, seeing apxs is set up for cc.

If anyone has information on how to get mod_jk build on Solaris, or knows of
the location of a binary, I appreciate it greatly!

Mark Crouch
Web Application Developer
Voice: (616) 913-4103
Fax: (616) 456-5250
 <<...>>

Displaying images in wml

Posted by Kanwar Dhaliwal <ka...@openwave.com>.
Hi,

I have a servlet which outputs a wml page and all is working fine except
that I cannot output a bmp or a wbmp image.  My question is where should I
place the image and how to reference it.  I have tried placing it along with
the class files and int he /webapps/ROOT directory but nothing seems to
work.  Tomcat has been configured with the appripriate MIME types by the
way.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

--Kanwar

Re: mod_jk build on Solaris

Posted by "John P. Dodge" <do...@cruciate.ca.boeing.com>.
Your apxs script is set up fpr cc and the options don't match up for gcc.
Here is the config section from my apxs.

Try fixing your apxs like this (excuse the line wraps):

my $CFG_TARGET        = q(httpd);            # substituted via
Makefile.tmpl
my $CFG_CC            = q(gcc);                # substituted via
Makefile.tmpl
my $CFG_CFLAGS        = q( -DSOLARIS2=260 -DMOD_PERL -DUSE_PERL_SSI
-I/usr/local/include -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/
expat-lite `../apaci`);            # substituted via Makefile.tmpl
my $CFG_CFLAGS_SHLIB  = q(-fPIC -DSHARED_MODULE);      # substituted via
Makefile.tmpl
my $CFG_LD_SHLIB      = q(ld);          # substituted via Makefile.tmpl
my $CFG_LDFLAGS_SHLIB = q(-G); # substituted via Makefile.tmpl
my $CFG_LIBS_SHLIB    = q();        # substituted via Makefile.tmpl
my $CFG_PREFIX        = q(/export/home/test/apache8368);            #
substituted via APACI install
my $CFG_SBINDIR       = q(/export/home/test/apache8368/bin);           #
substituted via APACI install
my $CFG_INCLUDEDIR    = q(/export/home/test/apache8368/include);        #
substituted via APACI install
my $CFG_LIBEXECDIR    = q(/export/home/test/apache8368/libexec);        #
substituted via APACI install
my $CFG_SYSCONFDIR    = q(/export/home/test/apache8368/conf);        #

On Tue, 1 May 2001, Mark Crouch wrote:

> I have read several postings on this list and have yet to find a working
> solution, hence the need for this post. I am attempting to build the
> mod_jk.so on Solaris for Apache 1.3.9, with the following command "apxs -o
> mod_jk.so -DSOLARIS -I../jk -I/usr/java/include -I/usr/java/include/solaris
> -c *.c ../jk/*.c".
>
> I am receiving the following error messages "cc: unrecognized option
> '-Kpic'. I have read the other posts regarding using gcc, which is what I am
> doing, and still get this error. I have basically created a link to cc from
> gcc, seeing apxs is set up for cc.
>
> If anyone has information on how to get mod_jk build on Solaris, or knows of
> the location of a binary, I appreciate it greatly!
>
> Mark Crouch
> Web Application Developer
> Voice: (616) 913-4103
> Fax: (616) 456-5250
>  <<...>>

"Mon aeroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"

John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services Group