Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Mark Gibson <mg...@fruitfly.org> on 2006/10/12 16:50:56 UTC

MKCOL 405 Method not allowed

so im getting this:

phenote/gui> svn commit
Sending        gui/AbstractAutoCompList.java
Adding         gui/field
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: MKCOL of
'/svnroot/obo/!svn/wrk/161171c4-9f1f-0410-a440-8e7ad6d848be/phenote/trunk/src/java/phenote/gui/field':
405 Method Not Allowed (https://svn.sourceforge.net)
svn: Your commit message was left in a temporary file:
svn:
'/home/mgibson/pheno-tool/java/svn/phenote/trunk/src/java/phenote/svn-commit.2.tmp'

field is a directory i svn added.

so I think I did some things svn didnt like. I svn moved a few files twice
before committing - the second time was to the new field directory
(refactoring!) and i had to do a --force to get it through.

Any idea how to resolve this? The error message seems pretty low level and there
doesnt seem to be much clue as to what i do with that

Thanks for your help! - Mark Gibson

mgibson@fruitfly.org

Re: MKCOL 405 Method not allowed

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Oct 12, 2006, at 11:50, Mark Gibson wrote:

> so im getting this:
>
> phenote/gui> svn commit
> Sending        gui/AbstractAutoCompList.java
> Adding         gui/field
> svn: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: MKCOL of
> '/svnroot/obo/!svn/wrk/161171c4-9f1f-0410-a440-8e7ad6d848be/phenote/
> trunk/src/java/phenote/gui/field':
> 405 Method Not Allowed (https://svn.sourceforge.net)
> svn: Your commit message was left in a temporary file:
> svn:
> '/home/mgibson/pheno-tool/java/svn/phenote/trunk/src/java/phenote/
> svn-commit.2.tmp'
>

> field is a directory i svn added.
>
> so I think I did some things svn didnt like. I svn moved a few
> files twice
> before committing - the second time was to the new field directory
> (refactoring!) and i had to do a --force to get it through.

Um, don't "svn move" twice before committing. Either "svn move" once
and commit, or if you decide after the "svn move" that you really
meant to move it somewhere else instead, "svn revert" the first move,
then "svn move" it to where it should be. Then commit.