Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Jean-Yves Baudy <jy...@free.fr> on 2004/04/17 15:38:47 UTC

Externalization of serializer/deserializer (static mode)

Hi all,

Included a patch that allow to change the serializer/deserializer at
compile time. Some client could want to have their own
serializer/deserializer. So this patch replace the whole reference to
Soap[De]Serializer by the interface IWrapperSoap[De]Serializer (only for
body). Some APIs have been move to IWrapperSoap[De]Serializer.

This allow to define User[De]Serializer. This is a first step as the
choice of the serializer/deserializer must be selected at runtime (by a
macro). This shown to client that with Axis they will be able to have
their own serializer/deserializer (a must for some client).

The second step will be to review the IWrapperSoap[De]Serializer
interface (cleanup needed) and to provide a runtime the API. Also the
header part is treated in HeaderBlock so we will also need to review the
design to allow client to interact with it.

So it is possible that you look at this code and give me your feedback
to commit or not this patch ? (regression test cases success).

Also include a patch to URL.cpp to allow '?' in url (a must for client
that used servlet on the server part).

Thanks,

Jean-Yves