Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de> on 2008/01/11 08:15:09 UTC

Error: server\webapps\manager does not exist or is not a readable directory...

Hi all,

I copy the whole dir of the Tomcat 5.5.17 which runs quite well at home to the computer in my office. As I start the Tomcat, I got error as follow. Though I can open the first page of Tomcat, but as I want to open the "Manager" link I got error of "HTTP Status 404 - /manager/html"

Somebody has idea?

Regards

Thomas

****************
SCHWERWIEGEND: Error starting static Resources
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base C:\Programme\Apache Software F
oundation\apache-tomcat-5.5.17\server\webapps\admin does not exist or is not a r
eadable directory
        at org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext.setDocBase(FileDirContext.
java:140)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.resourcesStart(StandardConte
xt.java:3814)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3
985)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase
.java:759)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:73
9)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)

        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.ja
va:608)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.j
ava:535)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:470
)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1122)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java
:310)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl
eSupport.java:119)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1021)

        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1013)

        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:442
)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:4
50)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:709
)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:551)
java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:294)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:432)
11.01.2008 08:09:01 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start

---------------------------------
Heute schon einen Blick in die Zukunft von E-Mails wagen? Versuchen Sie´s mit dem  neuen Yahoo! Mail.

Re: Error: server\webapps\manager does not exist or is not a readable directory...

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Comments inline --

Thomas Chang wrote:

>Sorry, I haven't understund what your "  I'll bet you don't have a webapp at
>server/webapps/admin ..." means.

It means take a look at the server/webapps folder.  I'll bet there is
not a folder named admin there.

>In conf/Catalina/localhost there really a file called "manager.xml" and the
>manager webapp itself is really at server/webapps/manager.

Ok... then there should be an error message specifically referring to
the manager webapp in the logs.  The error posted in your original post
has to do with the admin webapp and should not impact deployment of the
manager webapp.

Posted by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.

Posted by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Not sure about the manager webapp responding in 404 since the stack
track below refers to the admin webapp.  Regarding the stack trace
below, It would appear you have the admin webapp defined in a <Context

Re: How to deploy WAR to Tomcat with MAVEN2?

Posted by Giancarlo Frison <fr...@nimbuzz.com>.
Hi Thomas,

http://cargo.codehaus.org
It works with Tomcat 5.x.
I experimented the attached script without a deep insight on this plugin
features. Let us know your comments about Cargo.
Regards,

Thomas Chang ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> I use maven2. I wonder if there is a mvn-command which can deploy/reploy/delete the war to/from Tomcat?
>
> Regards
>
> Thomas
>

> ---------------------------------
> Jetzt Mails schnell in einem Vorschaufenster überfliegen. Dies und viel mehr bietet das  neue Yahoo! Mail.

----
Giancarlo Frison
http://www.jroller.com/giancarlo

How to deploy WAR to Tomcat with MAVEN2?

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
Did you actually install the admin webapp? It must be downloaded and
installed separately.
En l'instant précis du 11/01/08 08:15, Thomas Chang s'exprimait en ces
termes:

--
http://www.devlog.be (a belgian developer's logs)