Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by parthasarathy mahendirababu <pm...@hotmail.com> on 2000/06/01 19:13:01 UTC

Mod_perl installation on NT_ERROR

Hi,

I am running ActivePerl 5.6.0.613, Apache 1.3.12 on my NT4 (sp5)
I downloaded mod_perl-1.16-bin-bindist1-i386-win32-vc5.zip  file to install
mod_perl

According to the Readme, I uncompressed the file and

  * Moved ApacheModulePerl to c:\Apache\Modules(C:\Apache is the root for
Apache)
  * Added a line LoadModule perl_module modules/ApacheModulePerl to
httpd.conf

When I started the Apache Server I am getting the following Error

Apache.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point _ap_table_add@12 could not be located in the
dynamic link library ApacheCore.dll

And I am not clear of the readme that tells

copy the perl\site\ tree to your Perl top level directory (e.g. c:\perl).

when I unzip the modperl under c:\test, I get the dir structure like

C:\test\mod_perl-1.16-bin\perl\site\5.00502\lib

I am confused, exactly what are the folders i need to copy to my main perl
dir

I will appreciate for a quick response

Thanks

Mahen.

Re: Mod_perl installation on NT_ERROR

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, parthasarathy mahendirababu wrote:

> I am running ActivePerl 5.6.0.613, Apache 1.3.12 on my NT4 (sp5)
> I downloaded mod_perl-1.16-bin-bindist1-i386-win32-vc5.zip  file to install
> mod_perl
>
> When I started the Apache Server I am getting the following Error
>
> Apache.exe - Entry Point Not Found
>
> The procedure entry point _ap_table_add@12 could not be located in the
> dynamic link library ApacheCore.dll

Hi,
  You might want to try one of the Win32 mod_perl binaries listed
in http://perl.apache.org/distributions.html - these also contain
the necessary perl and apache binaries.

best regards,
randy kobes