Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by bmichaud <be...@optum.com> on 2017/01/25 14:42:48 UTC

Re: NiFi 1.1.1 proxy authorization error

The way I was setting up initial security was with the legacy
authorized-users.xml file. additionally, my certificate keystore.jks has
been and must be generated  by a company internal tool. I have done so, and
generated a truststore file using the java keytool, adding trusted entries
for various public keys we use for our company. This has worked fine in
1.0.0 and prior versions.

The instructions from Brian Bende suggests that I use the tls toolkit to
generate keystore and truststore, but I just need to append the common
server and the three servers in my cluster. I know that all of these
servers's certificates are included in my keystore file already, so I
believe that I just need to add truststore entries.

Is the best way to do that to use a plain text PEM file and edit it with a
test editor?

Re: NiFi 1.1.1 proxy authorization error

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@apache.org>.
Yes, you can manually construct the keystore and truststore files if you know how. The toolkit is provided as a convenience for users who do not have the experience or a dedicated security team to generate those files.

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com