Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Moi <go...@heaven.club.ne.jp> on 2002/02/26 08:46:08 UTC

Turn Off logs

How turn off any logs from Tomcat4?

TC4.0.2 ignoring servlet.jar classpath. what the...

Posted by Satoshi Okamoto <sa...@mizuho-sc.com>.
even if i set servlet.jar to classpath, i get compiling error saying
import.javax.http not found or any servlet.jar related classes.
now i compiled with "javac -classpath" option then it compiles fine.
why is tomcat ignoring my classpath environment?
where do you guys locate this jar? original place as common/lib?
im using solaris 8 with jdk 1.4.0 solaris specific patch. hope this is not
solaris related.

Re: Turn Off logs

Posted by Pat Schaider <pa...@cider.fakkir.net>.
You can turn off logs by editing the server.xml file.  Look for lines like
this:
                 directory="logs"  prefix="localhost_log." suffix=".txt"
                timestamp="true"/>

and simply comment them out.  You will need to restart Tomcat for this to
take effect.  I believe this will disable most (if not all) logs.

--==pat schaider==--