Posted to user@drill.apache.org by "Jaimes, Rafael - 0993 - MITLL" <Ra...@ll.mit.edu> on 2020/02/05 17:48:37 UTC

drill 1.16 to 1.17 error with ODBC

I had Drill 1.16 running in embedded mode and it was running without error.

After just switching to the 1.17 tarball and running in embedded mode, I
seem to get these warnings after running queries using ODBC and Python
(always 4 of them, exact same message):

[libprotobuf ERROR google/protobuf/message_lite.cc:123] Can't parse
message of type "exec.user.GetServerMetaResp" because it is missing
required fields: server_meta.convert_support[506].to,
server_meta.convert_support[545].from, server_meta.convert_support[545].to

The queries seem to work fine and return data as expected. Just
wondering what may have changed between 1.16 and 1.17, and if there is a
way to suppress these warnings? Perhaps the MapR driver is outdated?
I've confirmed that the error was introduced in 1.17, after going back
to 1.16 I don't see them.

I'm Using:

unixODBC 2.3.7
pyodbc 4.0.28
maprdrill 1.3.22.1055

Re: drill 1.16 to 1.17 error with ODBC

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
The HDF5 plugin modified the protobufs but I wouldn’t think that would cause this.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rafael,
Can you share the python code?