Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Daniel Ruggeri <dr...@primary.net> on 2020/02/06 13:53:59 UTC

2.4.next coming?

Hi, all. It's been a few months since we've rolled a release and there are a few bug fixes that seem like A Good Thing to get out there.

Thoughts on rolling soon-ish?

As always, I volunteer to either RM or mentor someone new through the RM process.
--
Daniel Ruggeri

Re: 2.4.next coming?

Posted by Mario Brandt <jb...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: 2.4.next coming?

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Re: Time for 2.4.42?

Posted by Steffen <in...@apachelounge.com>.
+1

Good plan.

Steffen

Re: Time for 2.4.42?

Posted by Dennis Clarke <dc...@blastwave.org>.
On 2020-02-11 09:12, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Seems like a good time to propose a release... I can RM if desired.

A beta release tarball would be wonderful and then I can start test
builds and see what shakes loose on the older C99 strict systems.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC

Re: Time for 2.4.42?

Posted by Steffen <in...@apachelounge.com>.
In the branches/2.4/CHANGES  there are three entries of mod_md, and one
is labeled 2.2.3.

Looks better to me just make one combined entry,  version number not needed.

Now we have the latest mod_md v2.2.7 in branches :
Building/Running/Testing all fine.

Re: Time for 2.4.42?

Posted by Steffen <in...@apachelounge.com>.

Re: Time for 2.4.42?

Posted by Luca Toscano <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jim,

Il giorno mar 11 feb 2020 alle ore 15:13 Jim Jagielski
<ji...@jagunet.com> ha scritto:

> Seems like a good time to propose a release... I can RM if desired.

Daniel proposed the same thing a couple of days ago, I'd suggest to
keep only one thread open and +1 in there :)

Luca

Time for 2.4.42?

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
Seems like a good time to propose a release... I can RM if desired.

Re: 2.4.next coming?

Posted by "Helmut K. C. Tessarek" <te...@evermeet.cx>.
>    You are correct that the commit bit is required as noted here:
> http://httpd.apache.org/dev/release.html#who-can-make-a-release
> ... but we sure do look for contributors on a regular basis and offer
> committership for folks participating in the community and improving the
> health of the project. There are lots of ways, including things that don't
> touch code at all, that one can participate :-)

>>  Maybe you could just jot down a few notes while you are doing
>> it. Over time, it could evolve into a release manual...
> I cannot claim credit for the initial work here:
> http://httpd.apache.org/dev/release.html#how-to-do-a-release

Thanks for the info.

> P.S.
> We usually prefer to chat on the dev@ list. If you're OK with that, please do
> consider sharing your reply there. If you are wondering about the process,
> there's a good chance someone is as well. Feel free to include my message, too.

Yep, this was not on purpose. The httpd mailing list does not provide a
reply-to: header using the mailing list's address. So this can happen.

--
regards Helmut K. C. Tessarek              KeyID 0x172380A011EF4944
Key fingerprint = 8A55 70C1 BD85 D34E ADBC 386C 1723 80A0 11EF 4944

/*
   await thee at its end.
*/