Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com> on 2007/12/22 23:37:55 UTC

JSPWiki 2.6.0 released

Hi all!

For the last time, I took the liberty of deciding when JSPWiki is
ready for release, went ahead, and released JSPWiki 2.6.0.  This
version of JSPWiki is the best yet (well, documentation could be
better!), and you can see all the nifty new features at

http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/NewIn2.6

Once I have the time, I'll make a mass-commit to the Apache SVN, and
then we'll start converting the code to Apache 2.0 license.  Now, if
someone could tell me whether I can and should throw the entire CVS
history into the SVN or not?

/Janne

Re: JSPWiki 2.6.0 released

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Janne,

On Dec 22, 2007, at 2:37 PM, Janne Jalkanen wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> For the last time, I took the liberty of deciding when JSPWiki is
> ready for release, went ahead, and released JSPWiki 2.6.0.

Congratulations.

> This version of JSPWiki is the best yet (well, documentation could
> be better!), and you can see all the nifty new features at
>
> http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/NewIn2.6
>
> Once I have the time, I'll make a mass-commit to the Apache SVN,
> and then we'll start converting the code to Apache 2.0 license.
> Now, if someone could tell me whether I can and should throw the
> entire CVS history into the SVN or not?

I don't know about can, but if you can, I'd say you should. ;-)

Craig

> /Janne

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: JSPWiki 2.6.0 released

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.
2007/12/23, Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>:
> > > Try to read this: http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#cvs2svn
> > Thanks, I did some preliminary runs with it, and it seems to convert
> > the repository correctly.  However, it seems that I can only do it
> > from a local repo to a local repo, so how do I get the resulting SVN
> > repository to the ASF remote repository?
> How about you apache account on people.apache.org?
However I'm not sure that svn repository will be local there...

Re: JSPWiki 2.6.0 released

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.
Thanks, but I asked it as well - the response was just caught in
moderation :-)

/Janne

Re: JSPWiki 2.6.0 released

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.

Re: JSPWiki 2.6.0 released

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.

infrastructure@apache.org?

Re: JSPWiki 2.6.0 released

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.

Re: JSPWiki 2.6.0 released

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.
2007/12/23, Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>:
> >> Once I have the time, I'll make a mass-commit to the Apache SVN, and
> >> then we'll start converting the code to Apache 2.0 license.  Now, if
> >> someone could tell me whether I can and should throw the entire CVS
> >> history into the SVN or not?
> > Try to read this: http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#cvs2svn
> Thanks, I did some preliminary runs with it, and it seems to convert
> the repository correctly.  However, it seems that I can only do it
> from a local repo to a local repo, so how do I get the resulting SVN
> repository to the ASF remote repository?
How about you apache account on people.apache.org?

SY, Alexey

Re: JSPWiki 2.6.0 released

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.

Re: JSPWiki 2.6.0 released

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.
2007/12/23, Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>:
> Hi all!
>
> For the last time, I took the liberty of deciding when JSPWiki is
> ready for release, went ahead, and released JSPWiki 2.6.0.  This
> version of JSPWiki is the best yet (well, documentation could be
> better!), and you can see all the nifty new features at
>
> http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/NewIn2.6
Great news. Congratulations!

BTW, I've tried to run release candidate on top of Tomcat + Harmony
and it works fine on Windows.
However, I have not run any JSPWiki tests. So if someone will run the
tests I can provide a bundle...

Re: JSPWiki 2.6.0 released

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.
If it was a release candidate, it would say so.  This is the full,
final release.  Next version will either be 2.6.1 or 2.8.0.  Probably
both.

/janne

Re: JSPWiki 2.6.0 released

Posted by Foster Schucker <Fo...@Schucker.org>.