Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by hxd <hx...@qq.com> on 2018/11/28 05:26:16 UTC

A survey about IP clearance of OODT in California Institute of Technology and NASA for donating to Apache

Hi,

As we know, OODT is one of the most famous projects for managing and processing data. It is donated by California Institute of Technology and NASA to ASF initially, and currently a lot of developers in the world are making contribution to the project.

Because Apache 2.0 License requires licensing related patents to ASF if needed, I want to make a survey about “how universities deal with the IP clearance when donating to Apache”. We believe that it is helpful to let more universities understand the process, and join in Apache more  smoothly in the future.

Therefore,  I want to know do California Institute of Technology or NASA have related patents before the university contributed source codes to Apache?  If they have, then how they dealt with them? And what documents they provided to Apache, just SGA?

Thanks very much!

Best,
Xiangdong