Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Adam LIM <fu...@axidea.fr> on 2005/06/02 15:01:52 UTC

Statistics

Hi !! I wanna know if someone could explain me how to see statistics of
views of pages under Lenya.

Thanks for ya help.

Re: Statistics

Posted by so...@gmail.com.
On 6/2/05, Gregor J. Rothfuss <gr...@apache.org> wrote:
> Adam LIM wrote:
> > Hi !! I wanna know if someone could explain me how to see statistics of
> > views of pages under Lenya.
> the easiest way is to run lenya through mod_proxy and then just analyze
> the httpd log files with your favorite tools.

If passing through Apache, also check out mod_usertrack.  It uses
cookies to track unique visitors so proxy servers do not show as a
single visitor.  For logins, it remembers what pages they saw before
they logged in and combines it with what they saw after logging in.

I am implementing this, and will document it once it is working.
solprovider

Re: Statistics

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@comcast.net>.
On Jun 2, 2005, at 7:05 AM, Adam wrote:

> Thank you but is there an other way of getting those stats? What I
> want exactly
> is something that works on its own. I thought that stats could be
> monitored
> directly in the authoring/site section and that could be seen in the
> live site.
> Am I wrong? I wanna put those stats directly in the site in order to
> being seen
> if it's possible or at least being able to see them in the authoring
> section.
> Thanks for helping me.

Analog (www.analog.cx) can generate XML output.  You could pull that
through a Cocoon pipeline in Lenya to render the data any way you
want... ?

—ml—

Re: Statistics

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

take a look at access.log

you can customize the logging format to be more like httpd.log in
logkit.xconf

Re: Statistics

Posted by Adam <fu...@axidea.fr>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss <gregor <at> apache.org> writes:

> Adam LIM wrote:
>
> > Hi !! I wanna know if someone could explain me how to see statistics of
> > views of pages under Lenya.
>
> the easiest way is to run lenya through mod_proxy and then just analyze
> the httpd log files with your favorite tools.

Thank you but is there an other way of getting those stats? What I want exactly
is something that works on its own. I thought that stats could be monitored
directly in the authoring/site section and that could be seen in the live site.
Am I wrong? I wanna put those stats directly in the site in order to being seen
if it's possible or at least being able to see them in the authoring section.
Thanks for helping me.

Adam LIM,

Re: Statistics

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.