Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/22 04:33:22 UTC

Thread "admin" stuck on IO

Just in case this message is useful, I will note it:

ubuntu@ubuntu20gb:~/accumulo-1.5.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT$ bin/stop-all.sh
21 22:26:09,037 [security.UserGroupInformation] INFO : JAAS
Configuration already set up for Hadoop, not re-installing.
21 22:28:10,077 [impl.ThriftTransportPool] WARN : Thread "admin" stuck
on IO  to localhost:9999:9999 (0) for at least 120127 ms

I am on a laptop in a Ubuntu virtual machine. I started Accumulo
earlier tonight and was trying to shut it down. At this point, it
seems like the terminal window is just sitting there.

I pressed ^C and the shutdown was forced.

Would it make sense to add to that warning that pressing ^c provides a
forced shutdown option? I didn't know about that option until I tried
to kill the process. I would have opted for the ^C earlier if I had
known.