Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tim Torbeyns <to...@yahoo.ie> on 2003/04/23 16:53:31 UTC

parallel development

Hi

We are working in a team of 3 developers. Our application counts about
100 screen. When someone works on 1 screen, the struts-config and
tiles-defs xml file are not available to the others for editing.

Does anyone know a good strategy for parallel development ? For
instance one struts-config and tiles-defs xml file per screen.

thx
Tim

Re: parallel development

Posted by Vic Cekvenich <vc...@basebeans.com>.
Iterative process is what I use. It works with much larger teams than 3.
Like 30 developers.

You can read up on iterative: develop a 0 code iteration first, that
just displays the html.jsp via the "blank" forward to success action.
This complete the navigation, struts.xml and tiles-defs portion very
quickly.
Then CVS.
hth,

.V