Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by srecko joksimovic <sr...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/29 09:19:43 UTC

Delete uploaded ontology

Hello,

I have uploaded my ontology to /entityhub, using appropriate curl command.
How I can delete this ontology, and upload new one? If there is no other
way, could I run maven clean install again?

Best,
Srecko Joksimovic

Re: Delete uploaded ontology

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Alessandro Adamou <ad...@cs.unibo.it> wrote:
> Hello Srecko,
>
> can you post the curl command you used to load your ontology?

copy paste of an other mail of myself:

> If you have a Stanbol instance running at "http://localhost:8080/" the
> followng curl command can be used to upload an RDF graph (such as your
> ontology)
>
> curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/rdf+xml" --data
> "@{rdfXmlFile}" http://localhost:8080/entityhub/entity
>
> This assumes that your Ontology is encoded as "application/rdf+xml".
> {rdfXmlFile} denotes to the path to the file on the local file system.
> Please also have a look at [1] for a more detailed description on how
> to upload RDF data to the "/entityhub" endpoint.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/plertstj6fx4xutj

best
Rupert

Posted by Alessandro Adamou <ad...@cs.unibo.it>.
Hello Srecko,

can you post the curl command you used to load your ontology?

Thanks,
Alessandro

--
M.Sc. Alessandro Adamou

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 9:19 AM, srecko joksimovic
<sr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have uploaded my ontology to /entityhub, using appropriate curl command.
> How I can delete this ontology, and upload new one? If there is no other
> way, could I run maven clean install again?
>
> Best,
> Srecko Joksimovic

There is the possibility to delete Entities from the /entithub  by sending

    DELETE /entityhub/entity?id={uri}

for all concepts of the Ontology.

If the new version does only define some new concepts (and does not
remove any), it might also be sufficient to only make an update
request with "?create=true"
However this will first require STANBOL-308 [1] to be implemented
because currently you will get an exception if you try to update an
entity that is not already present in the /entityhub.

best
Rupert Westenthaler

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STANBOL-308