Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Mauricio Vargas SepĂșlveda <ma...@uc.cl.INVALID> on 2022/08/19 17:22:56 UTC

R package: Why using cpp11 instead of Rcpp?

Hi!

Which was the practical reason to use cpp11 for the R package?

I ask because now I'm in the process of creating a fork of fixest that
uses cpp11 mostly due to license legal stuff, but I'm having major
problems trying to "translate" this function
https://github.com/pachadotdev/fixest/blob/cpp11/src/06_03_quf_tables.cpp#L112-L416
from Rcpp to cpp11.

The original function is
https://github.com/pachadotdev/fixest/blob/master/src/quf.cpp#L857-L1157,
which creates a vector of vectors (a matrix?), something that cpp11
can't understand as I wrote here
https://github.com/pachadotdev/fixest/issues/18

Best,

Re: R package: Why using cpp11 instead of Rcpp?

Posted by Neal Richardson <ne...@gmail.com>.
https://cpp11.r-lib.org/articles/motivations.html is a good summary of why
we use cpp11.

Neal