Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Adrian Dragulescu <ad...@eskimo.com> on 2012/04/15 21:13:11 UTC

new dependency on commons-codec in POI 3.8

Hello,

I noticed that the new POI 3.8 version depends on commons-codec.  This
wasn't the case with POI 3.7.  Can you please add this to the bin
distribution or mention it clearly on the downloads page?

It's used in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/src/java/org/apache/poi/hssf/usermodel/HSSFWorkbook.java
in addPicture method.

Thank you for writing this very useful software.
Adrian

Re: new dependency on commons-codec in POI 3.8

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
Good spot, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Unfortunately we can't modify distributions that are already on the mirrors.
I'm thinking about POI-3.8.1 with commons-codec included. The
realistic date is early or mid May-2012.

Yegor