Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by chevy <ch...@target.com> on 2016/08/03 12:32:31 UTC

Not able to start ignite node in ubuntu server

Hi,

 I am getting below error when I try to start Ignite node in ubuntu server.
This is the node which I will be connecting from my code which resides in a
different machine. I am able to start in my local MAC machine.

bin/ignite.sh: 36: bin/ignite.sh: source: not found
bin/ignite.sh: 41: bin/ignite.sh: checkJava: not found
bin/ignite.sh: 46: bin/ignite.sh: setIgniteHome: not found
bin/ignite.sh: 48: [: unexpected operator
bin/ignite.sh: 65: [:
/opt/ignite/apache-ignite-fabric-1.6.0-bin/libs/ignite-indexing: unexpected
operator
bin/ignite.sh: 65: [:
/opt/ignite/apache-ignite-fabric-1.6.0-bin/libs/ignite-spring: unexpected
operator
bin/ignite.sh: 65: [:
/opt/ignite/apache-ignite-fabric-1.6.0-bin/libs/licenses: unexpected
operator
bin/ignite.sh: 65: [:
/opt/ignite/apache-ignite-fabric-1.6.0-bin/libs/optional: unexpected
operator
bin/ignite.sh: 74: [: unexpected operator
bin/ignite.sh: 64: bin/ignite.sh: : Permission denied
bin/ignite.sh: 76: [: 0: unexpected operator
bin/ignite.sh: 83: [: unexpected operator
bin/ignite.sh: 93: bin/ignite.sh: [[: not found
bin/ignite.sh: 147: [: 0: unexpected operator
bin/ignite.sh: 168: bin/ignite.sh: : Permission denied

Re: Not able to start ignite node in ubuntu server

Posted by chevy <ch...@target.com>.
It is working now. Thank you.

Re: Not able to start ignite node in ubuntu server

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Chetan,

Why do you think it's an SSL issue? Did you enable it?

-Val

Re: Not able to start ignite node in ubuntu server

Posted by chevy <ch...@target.com>.
But I use same command in my MAC and it works. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Node started but I am not able to connect to this node from different machine. I think its SSL issue. What are the steps required to get the node attached to cluster?
Chetan.

From: "Kushal Kumaran [via Apache Ignite Users]" <ml...@n6.nabble.com>>
Date: Friday, August 5, 2016 at 10:54 AM
To: "Chetan.V.Yadav" <Ch...@target.com>>
Subject: Re: Not able to start ignite node in ubuntu server

On 2016-08-04 15:44, chevy wrote:
> Below is the command I am using -
> I do - cd $IGNITE_HOME and then,
> sudo sh bin/ignite.sh -v config/my-ignite.xml
>      ^^
>      ^^

That is the problem.

You can do either:

$ sudo $IGNITE_HOME/bin/ignite.sh -v $IGNITE_HOME/config/my-ignite.xml

or

$ sudo bash $IGNITE_HOME/bin/ignite.sh -v
$IGNITE_HOME/config/my-ignite.xml

Your sh points to dash.

--
regards,
kushal

________________________________
http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Not-able-to-start-ignite-node-in-ubuntu-server-tp6707p6773.html
NAML<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: Not able to start ignite node in ubuntu server

Posted by Kushal Kumaran <ku...@locationd.net>.

Posted by chevy <ch...@target.com>.

Posted by Kushal Kumaran <ku...@locationd.net>.
How are you starting ignite?  (Exact command line you are running,
please)

Are you running /bin/sh $IGNITE_HOME/bin/ignite.sh?  Or are you running
just $IGNITE_HOME/bin/ignite.sh?  You should be using the second way.

ignite.sh has a #!/bin/bash line that will ensure it is run by bash.
But
this only happens if you run the script directly.  If you give the
script
path as argument to /bin/sh, it may or may not use bash, depending on
where /bin/sh points.

Posted by chevy <ch...@target.com>.

http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Not-able-to-start-ignite-node-in-ubuntu-server-tp6707p6742.html

Posted by ku...@locationd.net.

Posted by chevy <ch...@target.com>.
Yes, it points to "/opt/ignite/apache-ignite-fabric-1.6.0-bin" where where my
ignite.sh is residing.

Re: Not able to start ignite node in ubuntu server

Posted by Alexey Goncharuk <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Do you have an IGNITE_HOME environment variable set? If you do, please
re-check that it points to the correct folder.

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

First of all, I see bunch of 'Permission denied' errors, so I would check
that the permissions of the Ignite folder are correct.

Also it seems to complain about all the syntax. Are you running bash?

-Val