Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Pankaj Chomal <Pa...@amdocs.com> on 2006/12/21 05:12:02 UTC

Changing log levels at runtime

Hi,

I want to change logging level at runtime without restarting my
application server. Is there any way t o do this?

Thanks,

Pankaj Chomal

Re: Changing log levels at runtime

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
I'm using the log4j support for JMX to do this, but it is limited to
"existing" loggers (entries in log4j.xml). If tou're familiar with JMX,
adding an MBean to get a logger and change it's level is not difficult.

www.codeczar.com also provides a web module to manage log4j.