Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Morley <ch...@depahelix.com> on 2015/03/25 17:56:44 UTC

German Compound Splitter words.fst causing problems.

Hello, Chris Morley here, of Wayfair.com. I am working on the German compound-splitter by Dawid Weiss.

  I tried to "upgrade" the words.fst file that comes with the German compound-splitter using Solr 3.5, but it doesn't work. Below is the IndexNotFoundException that I get.

 cmorley@Caracal01:~/Work/oss/git/apache-solr-3.5.0$ java -cp lucene/build/lucene-core-3.5-SNAPSHOT.jar org.apache.lucene.index.IndexUpgrader wordsFst
 Exception in thread "main" org.apache.lucene.index.IndexNotFoundException: org.apache.lucene.store.MMapDirectory@/home/cmorley/Work/oss/git/apache-solr-3.5.0/wordsFst lockFactory=org.apache.lucene.store.NativeFSLockFactory@201a755e
                 at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexUpgrader.upgrade(IndexUpgrader.java:118)
                 at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexUpgrader.main(IndexUpgrader.java:85)

 The reason I'm attempting this at all is due to the answer here, http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25450865/migrate-solr-1-4-index-files-to-4-7, which says to do the upgrade in a two step process, first using Solr 3.5, and then the latest Solr version (4.10.3).  When I try this running the unit tests for my modified German compound-splitter I'm getting this same type of error.  The thing is, this is an FST, not an index, which is a little confusing.  The reason why I'm following this answer though, is because I'm getting that exact same message when trying to build the (modified) project with maven....at the point at which it tries to load in words.fst. Below.

 [main] ERROR com.wayfair.lucene.analysis.de.compound.GermanCompoundSplitter - Format version is not supported (resource: com.wayfair.lucene.analysis.de.compound.InputStreamDataInput@79a66240): 0 (needs to be between 3 and 4). This version of Lucene only supports indexes created with release 3.0 and later.  Failed to initialize static data structures for German compound splitter.

 Thanks,
 -Chris.