Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Venkata ramana gollamudi <ra...@huawei.com> on 2014/12/22 03:43:25 UTC

Data source interface for making multiple tables available for query

Hi,

Data source ddl.scala, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE makes one table at time available to temp tables, how about the case if multiple/all tables from some data source needs to be available for query, just like hive tables. I think we also need that interface to connect such data sources. Please comment.

Regards,
Ramana

Re: Data source interface for making multiple tables available for query

Posted by Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com>.
I agree and this is something that we have discussed in the past.
Essentially I think instead of creating a RelationProvider that returns a
single table, we'll have something like an external catalog that can return
multiple base relations.