Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rafa Orteu <ro...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/08 11:30:09 UTC

Tomcat Language

Hello everybody!!!

I have 2 tomcats with the same configuration in 2 diferent servers with the
same configuration, one tomcat manager appears in spanish and the other one
appears in english, one have dd/MM/yyyy and the other MM/dd/yyyy.

Where can i configure this?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Tomcat Language

Posted by A A <ma...@yahoo.es>.
Caldarale, That was it!!
I had recently deployed a new aplication in this tomcat, opencms 7, and it had changed the date format and tomcat language.
So, As you said, I undeployed the application, reboot the tomcat service,and the date format change, and fix the problem!!!

Thanks for all

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

RE: Tomcat Language

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: A A [mailto:masvalesoloque@yahoo.es]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat Language
>
> Checking java variables with and jsp in each tomcat, we see that
> java.text.DateFormat.getInstance() returns mm/dd/yy in the english
> manager and dd/mm/yy in the spanish manager.
>
> Any suggestion?

Examine the system properties in each Tomcat instance; this can be done with JConsole, but installing Lambda Probe makes it easier.  Compare the two sets for differences, especially the user.country and user.language settings.

This happened to one other user a few months ago, and was found to be caused by a webapp setting those variables on the fly (as I recall).  Since they're global, it affected everything in the JVM.

 - Chuck

Re: Tomcat Language

Posted by Mike Altieri <mc...@yahoo.com>.
Hello,

Take a look at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/java/text/DateFormat.html
(I just did a quick google - please verify for the java version you are on)

maybe use a different method where you can specify the format type since it sounds like you want it the same way regardless of locale? like:

java.text.DateFormat.getDateTimeInstance(int dateStyle, int timeStyle);

or

java.text.DateFormat.getDateTimeInstance(ine dateStyle, int timeStyle, Locale aLocale)

Since java.text.DateFormat.getInstance() uses the default settings for the locale that it's called in

hope this helps!

-Mike

Re: Tomcat Language

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.