Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Antonio DeLaCruz <td...@homenet.tzo.com> on 2005/05/01 04:34:11 UTC

Re: Adding addresses to blacklist manually

There are two places that you can look for blacklist entries.  Either in the
local.cf file or in the user_prefs file.  I use the user_prefs since not
everyone wants the same addresses blocked.  Squirrel Mail is supposed
to have a
plug in that will allow each user to manage their user_prefs file.  There is
also a program call webuserprefs.  It is a web page that allows each user to
configure their user_prefs.  I don't remember where the local.cf file as I
don't use it at all.  When I set up a new user, my process automatically
creates a user_prefs file from the template located in
/usr/share/spamassassin.
Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Antonio DeLaCruz

Posted by "Gregory P. Ennis" <Po...@PoMec.Net>.
Antonio,

Thanks for your help!!!  Actually, I have looked at each of these files
and can not find the an entry in any of the files that represents the
message that I manually tested.  I was loged in as root when I tested.
I have also logged in with other accounts and tested but still have not
been able to find where the entry goes.

I would like to set up an aliases address so that all users could
forward an unwanted packet that would add itself to their blacklist.

Any additional help would be appreciated.

Greg

Gregory P. Ennis <Po...@PoMec.Net>