Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ben Binford <be...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/14 14:56:54 UTC

Suggestions for theming

I was hoping to get some suggestions from the community for a web
based product that my company is developing. We would like to deploy
the same templates to each client, and control color and other theming
information through stylesheets. All of our other client specific
functionality is located in the database through settings tables and
procs, so that would seem to be a good location to store the css
settings as well (allowing each client to choose their own color
scheme).

My current thought is to create a new service which would use a
velocity template transformation to generate css files with values
filled in from the database. Any thoughts/comments on this approach
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben