Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by shay te <sh...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/24 19:24:31 UTC

simple simple way to interact using xmlrcp

hey
i am on this for days
i am looking for a very simple way to call archiva xmlrpc service
using this API "http://ws.apache.org/xmlrpc/"
without making things so complicated ,just transfer parameters and get
response
(it is XMLRPC standard after all)

my only problem is , that i dont know the name of the services
i get this error
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: No such handler: authenticate
	at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.readResponse(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:186)
	at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:145)
	at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcHttpTransport.java:94)

can you just show a specification of the service so i can communicate with
it the open way
please please

Re: simple simple way to interact using xmlrcp

Posted by shay te <sh...@gmail.com>.
slowly i found all dependencies
and was able to run with this error

am i am passing correctly the arguments
 args = new String[]{"http://localhost:8080/archiva" ,"admin" ,"password"};

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not execute RPC method ping
	at
com.atlassian.xmlrpc.RPCCallMethodInterceptor.invoke(RPCCallMethodInterceptor.java:74)
	at $Proxy5.ping(Unknown Source)
	at simpleTest.SampleClient.main(SampleClient.java:69)
Caused by: org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClientException: Failed to parse
servers response: Expected methodResponse element, got
{http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml}html
	at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.readResponse(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:177)
	at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:145)
	at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcHttpTransport.java:94)
	at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClientWorker.execute(XmlRpcClientWorker.java:53)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:166)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:157)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:146)
	at
com.atlassian.xmlrpc.RPCCallMethodInterceptor.invoke(RPCCallMethodInterceptor.java:62)
	... 2 more
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Expected methodResponse element,
got {http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml}html
	at
org.apache.xmlrpc.parser.XmlRpcResponseParser.startElement(XmlRpcResponseParser.java:98)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl$NSContentDriver.scanRootElementHook(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.readResponse(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:175)
	... 9 more

Posted by shay te <sh...@gmail.com>.
thanks

Posted by Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org>.