Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "sendy.seftiandy" <sn...@yahoo.com> on 2011/05/22 08:35:04 UTC

Re: TestDFSIO delivers bad values of "throughput" and "average IO rate"

after read this thread, i'm still confused. in my cluster when it has 1
master + 3 slaves with nrFiles=3 and total MBytes processed = 1000, the
throughput is equal with when it has 1 master+6slaves with nrFiles=6, the
total MBytes processed = 1000

can i  multiplied the throughpout from first try by the number of slaves (3)
and compare that with the throughput from second try multiplied by the
number of its slaves

i really need the answer, thank you very much

Re: TestDFSIO delivers bad values of "throughput" and "average IO rate"

Posted by Bharath Mundlapudi <bh...@yahoo.com>.
what is the fileSize you are specifying for TestDFSIO?

I think, If you haven't specified this value then default is 1MB. This might cause client bottleneck.

-Bharath