Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Gary Hodgson <ga...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/05 20:54:16 UTC

Camel CDI with standalone JTA in Weld SE

Hi,

I am trying to get camel-cdi to work with a standalone JTA provider in a
non-JEE environment.  I've made some progress but have a couple of issues
which I am not sure is due to my understanding or the code.

I created a standalone demo project here to show the issues:
https://github.com/garyhodgson/camel-example-cdi-standalone-jta

The demo uses Atomikos as the JTA provider and embedded ActiveMQ for JMS.
Running the project with camel:run results in three messages being sent to
the route. The first two are called explicitly in a userTransaction and
behave as expected: the first is processed normally, the second triggers a
rollback (as expected).

The third message is outside a userTransaction and throws the following
exception from Atomikos:

    Caused by: com.atomikos.jms.AtomikosTransactionRequiredJMSException:
The JMS session you are using requires a JTA transaction context for the
calling thread and none was found.
    Please correct your code to do one of the following:
    1. start a JTA transaction if you want your JMS operations to be
subject to JTA commit/rollback, or
    2. increase the maxPoolSize of the AtomikosConnectionFactoryBean to
avoid transaction timeout while waiting for a connection, or
    3. create a non-transacted session and do session acknowledgment
yourself, or
    4. set localTransactionMode to true so connection-level commit/rollback
are enabled.
      at
com.atomikos.jms.AtomikosTransactionRequiredJMSException.throwAtomikosTransactionRequiredJMSException(AtomikosTransactionRequiredJMSException.java:23)
~[transactions-jms-4.0.4.jar:?]
      at
com.atomikos.jms.ConsumerProducerSupport.enlist(ConsumerProducerSupport.java:90)
~[transactions-jms-4.0.4.jar:?]
      at
com.atomikos.jms.AtomikosJmsMessageProducerProxy.send(AtomikosJmsMessageProducerProxy.java:34)
~[transactions-jms-4.0.4.jar:?]
      at
org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate.doSend(JmsTemplate.java:626)
~[spring-jms-4.3.11.RELEASE.jar:4.3.11.RELEASE]
      at
org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsConfiguration$CamelJmsTemplate.doSend(JmsConfiguration.java:624)
~[camel-jms-2.20.0.jar:2.20.0]
      at
org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsConfiguration$CamelJmsTemplate.doSendToDestination(JmsConfiguration.java:563)
~[camel-jms-2.20.0.jar:2.20.0]
      at
org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsConfiguration$CamelJmsTemplate.access$100(JmsConfiguration.java:505)
~[camel-jms-2.20.0.jar:2.20.0]
      at
org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsConfiguration$CamelJmsTemplate$1.doInJms(JmsConfiguration.java:519)
~[camel-jms-2.20.0.jar:2.20.0]
      at
org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate.execute(JmsTemplate.java:484)
~[spring-jms-4.3.11.RELEASE.jar:4.3.11.RELEASE]
      at
org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsConfiguration$CamelJmsTemplate.send(JmsConfiguration.java:516)
~[camel-jms-2.20.0.jar:2.20.0]
      at
org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsProducer.doSend(JmsProducer.java:440)
~[camel-jms-2.20.0.jar:2.20.0]
      at
org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsProducer.processInOnly(JmsProducer.java:394)
~[camel-jms-2.20.0.jar:2.20.0]
      at
org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsProducer.process(JmsProducer.java:157)
~[camel-jms-2.20.0.jar:2.20.0]
      at
org.apache.camel.processor.SharedCamelInternalProcessor.process(SharedCamelInternalProcessor.java:186)
~[camel-core-2.20.0.jar:2.20.0]
      at
org.apache.camel.processor.SharedCamelInternalProcessor.process(SharedCamelInternalProcessor.java:86)
~[camel-core-2.20.0.jar:2.20.0]
      at
org.apache.camel.impl.ProducerCache$1.doInProducer(ProducerCache.java:541)
~[camel-core-2.20.0.jar:2.20.0]
      at
org.apache.camel.impl.ProducerCache$1.doInProducer(ProducerCache.java:506)
~[camel-core-2.20.0.jar:2.20.0]
      at
org.apache.camel.impl.ProducerCache.doInProducer(ProducerCache.java:369)
~[camel-core-2.20.0.jar:2.20.0]
      at
org.apache.camel.impl.ProducerCache.sendExchange(ProducerCache.java:506)
~[camel-core-2.20.0.jar:2.20.0]
      at org.apache.camel.impl.ProducerCache.send(ProducerCache.java:229)
~[camel-core-2.20.0.jar:2.20.0]
      at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultProducerTemplate.send(DefaultProducerTemplate.java:144)
~[camel-core-2.20.0.jar:2.20.0]
      at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultProducerTemplate.sendBody(DefaultProducerTemplate.java:161)
~[camel-core-2.20.0.jar:2.20.0]
      ... 56 more

I expected that "transacted()" on the route to have caused a transaction to
be created, and I am not sure why it has not been - other than it having
something to do with this example running outside of a JEE Application
Server.  Is my expectation here incorrect?

I believe the various required beans have been correctly configured as
Producer methods under org.apache.camel.example.cdi.util.CdiProducers

As an aside: in order to get this working in a Weld SE environment I use a
CDI extension
(org.apache.camel.example.cdi.util.ResourceInjectReplacementExtension) to
add an @Inject annotation to the transactionManager attribute in
org.apache.camel.cdi.transaction.JtaTransactionPolicy.  Perhaps it would be
worth considering adding the annotation in camel-cdi to enable it to be
used in a SE environment?  (though I don't know if this would adversely
affect the JEE world.)

Any insights would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Gary

Re: Camel CDI with standalone JTA in Weld SE

Posted by Gary Hodgson <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I just wanted to update this thread that I made some progress and believe I
have a somewhat working version with JavaSE, narayana, camel and activemq.
Using the example in [0] I tried using a JcaPooledConnectionFactory to
handle the XA and this seems to work. The pertinent commit is [1].

There's still work to be done as there are warnings about the jms session
already being closed, but I suspect this is a configuration problem.  Also
I of course want to further test the XA features to confirm all runs as
expected.

Regards,
Gary

[0]
https://github.com/welshstew/spring-boot-narayana-jms-xa-example/blob/master/src/main/java/bootwildfly/MySpringBootRouter.java
[1]
https://github.com/garyhodgson/camel-example-cdi-standalone-jta/commit/1cf374c63762b28c4a98e78d90a933d0edfb879d#diff-db968ea7d57eb130360c9c6563c562c2

Posted by Gary Hodgson <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Antonin

Posted by Antonin Stefanutti <an...@stefanutti.fr>.
Hi Gary,

Posted by Gary Hodgson <ga...@gmail.com>.
Scratch that - setting

Posted by Gary Hodgson <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi

[...]

  [main] DEBUG com.atomikos.jms.AtomikosJmsMessageProducerProxy - atomikos
MessageProducer proxy for ActiveMQMessageProducer {
value=ID:garyhodgson-PC-57091-1511821093820-1:1:2:1 }: send ( message )...

Attempt to get transaction here...

  [main] TRACE com.atomikos.icatch.imp.CompositeTransactionManagerImp -
getCompositeTransaction() returning NULL!
  [main] WARN com.atomikos.jms.ConsumerProducerSupport - atomikos
MessageProducer proxy for ActiveMQMessageProducer {
value=ID:garyhodgson-PC-57091-1511821093820-1:1:2:1 }: The JMS session you

Posted by Gary Hodgson <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Antonin.

https://github.com/garyhodgson/camel-example-cdi-standalone-jta/blob/TransactionServices/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/example/cdi/util/TransactionServices.java

Posted by Antonin Stefanutti <an...@stefanutti.fr>.