Posted to dev@drat.apache.org by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/11/10 17:04:46 UTC

DRAT VM up and running and some bugs found

Hey Team,

While getting Proteus and DRAT installed on drat-vm.apache.org (which is now up and running
thanks to INFRA-15304 [1]), I found that the default installed Solr version 4.2.1 would not start
on Tomcat. I’m running:

~/drat/deploy

mattmann@drat-vm:~/drat/deploy$ java -version

java version "1.8.0_151"

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.151-b12, mixed mode)

mattmann@drat-vm:~/drat/deploy$

And Tomcat7

And Solr 4.2.1

But I just had to manually install Solr to get it running. We package a default 4.2.1 installation
from Maven and then set Solr home via CATALNA_OPTS –Dsolr.solr.home=”$DRAT_HOME”/solr”
This seems to work fine on Mac, but for whatever reason didn’t work natively on Ubuntu. Does anyone
know why?

Anyways Proteus is up and running at:

http://drat-vm.apache.org/demo

And DRAT stats is up at
http://drat-vm.apache.org/asfgit
(but there is no data in there yet)

Feedback is welcomed!

Chris

Re: DRAT VM up and running and some bugs found

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
/Cross Posting to Apache OODT list of interest

Here’s another bug, thanks to Trout: ( [1]

That upgrade to 6.2.1 SolrJ and its release with Apache OODT 1.2 [2]
makes DRAT unusable since it relies on the SolrIndexer component and
since DRAT uses RADIX Solr Webapp which in turn uses Solr 4.2.1 causing
it to be incompatible. So SolrIndexer is broken in 1.2, until I fixed it in [3],
which was post 1.2 release.

I’m tempted to upgrade DRAT to use Apache OODT 1-9-SNAPSHOT, however
that includes the AvroRPC merge, and I noticed some weirdness with it when
trying with DRAT at least initially.

Cheers,
Chris

[1] https://git.io/vFaWI