Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Nicolas Chalumeau <ni...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/13 18:10:27 UTC

[Maven 2] [commons-configuration] dependencies problems

For commons-configuration I find that some deps of the maven 2 pom have problems
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-logging-api</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.4</version>
    </dependency>
If you use commons-logging as the artifactId the pom isn't here

    <dependency>
      <groupId>resources</groupId>
      <artifactId>resources</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
    </dependency>
Is it commons-resources ? there is only a 0.1-dev version on
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2

And a transitive dependency jdbc:jdbc:jar:2.0 isn't in the repository
(license problem ? where can I found it ?) but I don't know from who
it come from

Nicolas

Re: [Maven 2] [commons-configuration] dependencies problems

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
Emmanuel Venisse wrote:

> The resources groupId doens't exist, it's commons-resources. We don't have
> other version that 0.1-dev, because the jakarta commons team didn't deploy a
> new version into the repo.

"resources" is a fake dependency unrelated to commons-resources, we use
it to add a jar containing configuration files in the classpath for our
unit tests. We use the maven.jar.override feature to point Maven to the
right location.

Emmanuel Bourg

Re: [Maven 2] [commons-configuration] dependencies problems

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <ev...@ifrance.com>.
Yes, the pom for commons-logging doesn't exist. We can create a small pom
for it (without dependencies) and deploy it.

The resources groupId doens't exist, it's commons-resources. We don't have
other version that 0.1-dev, because the jakarta commons team didn't deploy a
new version into the repo.

For the jdbc artifacts (anf other sun artifacts), we can't deploy them
because we don't rights. You can found it on the java sun site
(http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/download.html#spec) and copy it in your
local repository.

Emmanuel

For commons-configuration I find that some deps of the maven 2 pom have
problems
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-logging-api</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.4</version>
    </dependency>
If you use commons-logging as the artifactId the pom isn't here

    <dependency>
      <groupId>resources</groupId>
      <artifactId>resources</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
    </dependency>
Is it commons-resources ? there is only a 0.1-dev version on
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2

And a transitive dependency jdbc:jdbc:jar:2.0 isn't in the repository
(license problem ? where can I found it ?) but I don't know from who
it come from

Nicolas

Envie de discuter gratuitement avec vos amis ?
Téléchargez Yahoo! Messenger http://yahoo.ifrance.com

Re: [Maven 2] [commons-configuration] dependencies problems

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
I'll look into the missing commons-logging POM. I corrected it, so it
should have been transferred.

Can you please contact commons-dev about their other dependencies?

jdbc is a Sun JAR, which unfortunately we have always had to manually
add to the repository. We hope to make this easier from alpha-2.

- Brett