Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de> on 2008/01/03 19:07:54 UTC

Problem by Using Mirrors for Repositories

Hi all,

I set in my "settings.xml" my mirrors as follow:

  <mirrors>
    <mirror>
      <id>MyRepo</id>
      <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
      <name>My repository on remote server</name>
      <url>file:////sap-dev/CVSREPOS/CvsMaven</url>
    </mirror>
  </mirrors>

But as I run maven command such as mvn clean, it download the dependencies not from my mirror but from central. The connection to "file:////sap-dev/CVSREPOS/CvsMave" is ok.

Someone know why?

---------------------------------
Ihr erstes Fernweh? Wo gibt es den schönsten Strand.

Re: Problem by Using Mirrors for Repositories

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Read the bug. Maven incorrectly reports that it is downloading from
Central, when it is in fact downloading from your mirror.

To confirm this, you can run a network sniffer to see where the
traffic is actually coming from.

Wayne

Posted by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de>.
In my "settings.xml" there is just one <mirror> as follow:
    <mirror>
      <id>MyRepo</id>
      <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
      <name>My repository on remote server</name>
      <url>file:////sap-dev/CVSREPOS/CvsMaven</url>
    </mirror>
  </mirrors>

. But I can see that it downloads from central as follow:

Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-interactiv
ity-jline/1.0-alpha-5/plexus-interactivity-jline-1.0-alpha-5.pom
772b downloaded

Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> schrieb: On Jan 3, 2008 11:07 AM, Thomas Chang  wrote:

> I set in my "settings.xml" my mirrors as follow:
>
> But as I run maven command such as mvn clean, it download the dependencies not from my mirror but from central. The connection to "file:////sap-dev/CVSREPOS/CvsMave" is ok.
>
> Someone know why?

Are you basing your statement that it is checking central on the
messages it prints out, or are you actually watching network traffic?

IME it does use the mirror, but the messages still have the original
url.  See http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1914

--
Wendy

Beginnen Sie den Tag mit den neuesten Nachrichten. Machen Sie Yahoo! zu Ihrer Startseite!

Re: Problem by Using Mirrors for Repositories

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.