Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Zac <za...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/27 18:28:26 UTC

svnserve password wildcard

I am trying to set up a very simple svnserve server on our LAN.  Up
until now we have been using direct file system access to our
repository.  I am struggling with authentication.  We would like
something that approximates our current access scheme.  We have no
access restrictions.  However, with the same configuration using
svnserve the commits are not tagged with any user name as they were
when we used direct file system access.  So, is there a way to require
authentication without any restrictions?  I just need everybody to log
in with a user name... any user name.  I don't really care about
passwords.

Re: svnserve password wildcard

Posted by Zac <za...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Mark.  That did the trick.

Re: svnserve password wildcard

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Zac <za...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to set up a very simple svnserve server on our LAN.  Up
> until now we have been using direct file system access to our
> repository.  I am struggling with authentication.  We would like
> something that approximates our current access scheme.  We have no
> access restrictions.  However, with the same configuration using
> svnserve the commits are not tagged with any user name as they were
> when we used direct file system access.  So, is there a way to require
> authentication without any restrictions?  I just need everybody to log
> in with a user name... any user name.  I don't really care about
> passwords.

You can setup the svnserve users file so that users just have an empty
password.  You still need to list the usernames though.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/