Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Karthick Ram <ka...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/25 04:30:42 UTC

Empty byte array values for cells which doesn't exist

Hi, we have a table which when queried with more than one columkey for a
row key (using addcolumn(colfamily, columkey)), returns cells which are not
present. It returns a empty byte array as value for those cells. Using
debugger we found the timestamp of those cells to *'OLDEST_TIMESTAMP'* and
the type to be *'Minimum'*. These cells turns out to be fake cells, however
when queried with only columnkey it doesn't return any cells. Please look
into the following files and suggest some ways to rectify this problem.
1. HConstant.java
2. KeyValue.java
3. ScanQueryMatcher.java
4. StoreFileScanner.java

NOTE:
We are not able to reproduce the same in other tables.

Fwd: Empty byte array values for cells which doesn't exist

Re: Empty byte array values for cells which doesn't exist

Posted by Sean Busbey <se...@gmail.com>.
In particular, could you do a "describe" command on the table and
copy/paste the result (with any sensitive material stricken, of course)?

On Sep 24, 2017 11:36 PM, "Ted Yu" <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can you tell us more about this table (e.g. schema) ?

If you can formulate a unit test which reproduces this behavior, that would
be easier to debug.

Which version of hbase are you using ?

Cheers

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.