Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Hugo Trippaers <hu...@trippaers.nl> on 2015/03/13 15:02:19 UTC

draft quarterly report + resolution

All,

please review this draft report for this quarter for our project.

DESCRIPTION
Apache CloudStack is open source software designed to deploy and manage
large networks of virtual machines, as a highly available, highly scalable
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud computing platform.

ISSUES

The board has a resolution on it's agenda for this meeting to change
the Apache CloudStack PMC chair (special order #FIXME).

CURRENT ACTIVITY
* The community is still working on the next major release (4.5.0) of Apache
CloudStack. The fourth release candidate is voted to become the release,
but a critical bug has been identified.
* Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.3.1 was released on Mar 4 2015. Apache
CloudStack CloudMonkey is a CLI tool for interacting with Apache
CloudStack and is distributed separate from Apache CloudStack
* The community making steps to structurally improved the development
process with regards to quality insurance. The community has asked a small
group to work on a way of working proposal.
* <PLACEHOLDER, waiting for input from Mark on the foundation>

RELEASES
Apache CloudStack 4.3.2 was released on Jan 9, 2015.
Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.3.1 was released on Mar 4, 2015

COMMUNITY
Including the following additions, CloudStack has 100 (+4) committers and 33 (+1)
PMC members.

New Committers:
Erik Weber (erikw) - Dec 11
Wilder Rodriques () - Feb 25
Harikrishna Patnala () - Mar 3
Karen Vuong () - Mar 7

New PMC Members:
Will Stevens (swill) - Feb 17

The Apache CloudStack project is a decent volume community, activity
on the mailing-list has been dropping steadily over the last few months. Current
mailing-list numbers are less than 50% of similar months a year earlier.

dev@ msgs = Dec: 1190, Jan: 796, Feb: 870
users@ msgs = Dec: 570, Jan: 436, Feb: 543
issues@ msgs = Dec: 1131, Jan: 380, Feb: 750
commits@ msgs = Dec: 659, Jan: 519, Feb: 566
marketing@ msgs = Dec: 21, Jan: 92, Feb: 102
users-cn@ msgs = Dec: 97, Jan: 155, Feb: 49

Re: draft quarterly report + resolution

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Hugo,

few remarks inline

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 3:02 PM, Hugo Trippaers <hu...@trippaers.nl> wrote:

> ISSUES
>
> The board has a resolution on it's agenda for this meeting to change
> the Apache CloudStack PMC chair (special order #FIXME).
>
> CURRENT ACTIVITY
> * The community is still working on the next major release (4.5.0) of Apache
> CloudStack. The fourth release candidate is voted to become the release,
> but a critical bug has been identified.
The release is out but a bug was found right after. A fix release is planned

> * Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.3.1 was released on Mar 4 2015. Apache
> CloudStack CloudMonkey is a CLI tool for interacting with Apache
> CloudStack and is distributed separate from Apache CloudStack
> * The community making steps to structurally improved the development
> process with regards to quality insurance. The community has asked a small
> group to work on a way of working proposal.
> * <PLACEHOLDER, waiting for input from Mark on the foundation>
>

> RELEASES
> Apache CloudStack 4.3.2 was released on Jan 9, 2015.

Apache CloudStack 4.4.2 was released on ???.
Apache CloudStack 4.5.0 was released on ???.
> Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.3.1 was released on Mar 4, 2015
>
> COMMUNITY
> Including the following additions, CloudStack has 100 (+4) committers and 33 (+1)
> PMC members.
>
> New Committers:
> Erik Weber (erikw) - Dec 11
> Wilder Rodriques () - Feb 25
> Harikrishna Patnala () - Mar 3
> Karen Vuong () - Mar 7
do we need to Rohit (depending on when the report is due)?

--
Daan