Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/01/10 12:40:02 UTC

AltRMI

Folks,

AltRMI (after loads of argument) is staying in 'Commons'.  Having said
that I have added configurable blocks to Cornerstone (multiple impls) to
allow any Block to:

a) Publish interfaces (used already in AvalonDB).
b) Subscribe to interfaces (not used yet).

If we we really wanted to we could have a federation of Phoenix servers
invoking methods directly in each other.  Its all a bit alpha status,
and I'll be improving features and robustness but it is worth looking
at.  In parallel to Eung-Ju's plans for an auto RMI Listener and
publisher, I am going to do one for AltRMI.  Especially now that I have
been educated that BlockListener is fine as is :-)

I'm in the debt of many peace-makers in the Commons list.

Regards,

- Paul H